• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

MatthewM1

Jessyrenee

3 Year Member
Very happy and pleased with Matt great shipping and perfect communication he is very nice and sent me free roaches!! Would order from him again!

Jessica

Underclock

3 Year Member
I've been procrastinating this review for a while, but better late than never I guess. I bought 6 peppered roaches and 3 question mark roaches from Matt back in May. Had an overall good experience

Price: His prices were good, better than online invert dealer websites. Shipping prices were between reasonable and dirt cheap. Can't say much more than that

Packaging: My new roaches were packed securely and safely, in their own separate containers (per species, not per specimen of course). The large peppers were shipped with a decent quantity of what I can only describe as high quality mulch, and is now the basis for the substrate in both colonies containers.

Communication: His communication was just a little slow, and his PayPal address was auto corrected to the wrong address initially, both of which are issues that can be attributed to using the forum on his cell phone. I don't really fault him on it, and it wasn't really a huge delay or problem. nbd, but it's worth mentioning, and also with mentioning he included extra specimens to make up for the PayPal issue

The Roaches: the roaches themselves are great. Most of the large peppered roaches have matured, and are living happy and care free, I believe one of them is gravid, which is cool. I've lost one peppered roach and one question mark roach which, while unfortunate, is likely to do with my care and not because of the health of his stock of roaches

Free Roaches: As mentioned in the communication section, Matt included some free roaches with my order. It certainly wasn't expected, but definitely appreciated. He said it was to make up for a slight inconvenience, but it wasn't something that was that big a deal and I think he was using it more as an excuse to spread a hobby he enjoys. As mentioned, I bought from him 6 large peppered roach nymphs and 3 large question mark roaches. Included with those were 4 mediumish peppered roaches, and 3 pinhead question mark roaches. Nearly doubled the size of the order, awesome stuff.

Overall, Matt was great to work with, and I look forward to buying from him again in the future, I've actually been considering messaging him recently to increase the size of my colonies (those Qs grow so slowly).