• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

M/F B. albopilosum

Meludox

3 Year Member
@MassExodus This is the Brachy that was sold to me as a male, but we think is female. I know ventral sexing isn't guaranteed but I figured I'd try anyway now that's she's grown.
IMG_2159.JPG

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@MassExodus This is the Brachy that was sold to me as a male, but we think is female. I know ventral sexing isn't guaranteed but I figured I'd try anyway now that's she's grown.
View attachment 12721
Still looks female. Looks female. Show me a clear shot of her next molt, and I'll confirm it. A clear shot though ;) I use a microscope at home. There are other members that vent sex better than me though...and I've been wrong quite a few times vent guessing my own spiders.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
View attachment 12721
Still looks female. Looks female. Show me a clear shot of her next molt, and I'll confirm it. A clear shot though ;) I use a microscope at home. There are other members that vent sex better than me though...and I've been wrong quite a few times vent guessing my own spiders.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Looks very male to me. Brachy females have the most "obvious" vaginas in the hobby, lol. You can see this dudes penis a mile away! He hit puberty early. His fusillae is all over the place, lol!!! Trim! Trim! Trim! I would be thinking about getting a female and breeding them when he matures. :) Curly hairs are common but they are still very sweet....and I love how fuzzy they are.