• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

LP growth in pictures

HungryGhost

3 Year Member
I'm going to use this thread to document the growth of my lasiodora parahybana (Salmon Pink Birdeater) in pictures. His/her name is Pink (just Pink if it sexes female, or Mr. Pink if it's male). I plan on feeding it heavily and keeping her warm for some fast growth during the first year.

Photo #1
February 9, 2014 when purchased at a reptile show.
Note the missing left leg.
image.jpg

Photo #2
March 4, 2014 after molt.
Note regenerated leg.
image.jpg

Last edited:

trailblazin02

3 Year Member
Its amazing how much size they gain when they molt. Mine are growing pretty slowly. I havent really been power feeding them so its a little slower. Whats your feeding schedule like and temps?

HungryGhost

3 Year Member
Its amazing how much size they gain when they molt. Mine are growing pretty slowly. I havent really been power feeding them so its a little slower. Whats your feeding schedule like and temps?
I keep the temp at about 70 at night and 80 during the day. Feeding isn't really on a schedule other than often. When she's ready to eat post-molt I feed everyday for the first 3 days. Then it's a matter of judgement, I try not to let her get obscenely fat, but fatter than I would let an adult or juvie get. Before this last molt I stopped feeding for 2 weeks because she was very plump.*

*Your mileage may vary, ask your doctor if power feeding is right for you.;)

Alexander White

3 Year Member
I'm going to use this thread to document the growth of my lasiodora parahybana (Salmon Pink Birdeater) in pictures. His/her name is Pink (just Pink if it sexes female, or Mr. Pink if it's male). I plan on feeding it heavily and keeping her warm for some fast growth during the first year.

Photo #1
February 9, 2014 when purchased at a reptile show.
Note the missing left leg.
View attachment 4955

Photo #2
March 4, 2014 after molt.
Note regenerated leg.
View attachment 4956
awesome! i love seeing the regeneration, ive seen it with my mantids a few times, too bad humans cant regenerate their lost limbs, thatd be pretty useful, cant believe how small your little one was, and still is. Nice photos! haha great idea, just add on "mr" if it turns out to be male.