• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lp Breeding Project

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Certainly, I caught one of my breeding males in my back yard, I caught one female and a male at the hospital I work at, and my nephew caught the other in a parking lot nearby. ;) Id like to populate my area with A moderatum, but I'm not sure if that's right or not yet, as they live an hr or two south and also west of me. There's a lot of questions that pop up when you think of doing something like that. Ethics and all. The anax population here is abundant..will they cross breed? I certainly don't want that..but I do want moderatum in my field..what are the chances they're already there, and I just haven't found them? I need the Aphonopelma revisionists to camp out in my yard:D
If they are native to the state i thinks its ok. But I mean B.Vagans thrive in Fl. Well some parts ive read.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If they are native to the state i thinks its ok. But I mean B.Vagans thrive in Fl. Well some parts ive read.
Exactly..Florida can support many foreign species, but should it? I don't think so..I think we're playing with nature when we relocate species. Moderatum are very close to me though, and im positive they overlap territories with anax..

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Exactly..Florida can support many foreign species, but should it? I don't think so..I think we're playing with nature when we relocate species. Moderatum are very close to me though, and im positive they overlap territories with anax..
Its also not good if its an invasive species. Again Florida as an example. Burmese pythons were released due to careless owners and/or Hurricanes Destroy a pet shop or breeding facility and they escaped and caused a great deal of damge to Florida's natural ecosystem .

Latest posts