• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lost sling

Pants__cat

3 Year Member
Well, after much convincing not to I dug up my Slings tank, and there was no sign of it. Pretty bummed
It's been about 2 months since I last saw it so I doubt it's gonna turn up in the house
But just in case any ideas/tips?

I already pulled everything off the shelves and moved the tank to check behind

Pasodama

3 Year Member
Sorry to hear that your sling is missing.:(

If you haven't, already, you need to go through the substrate, etc., "with a fine toothed comb" (placing checked substrate, etc., in another container). Seriously. Do so patiently, little by little, wee bit by wee bit.

If he/she is indeed missing, start searching low. Floors, crevices, shoes, other items on floor, and any dark places. Also, start your search from where the enclosure is located and slowly fan out. After searching low, progressively search higher (especially dark places and "cracks & crevices & items").
After that room & any closets in the room is searched, you can move to other rooms.
Wish I knew another/better way but, alas, I believe this is about all you can do.

After all this time, and with as little as he/she is, you may not end up being able to find him/her, in the end, (if not, by chance, still in enclosure) but your best chance is to be methodical, in your search, and have a ton of patience.
I really wish you all the best of luck, in finding him/her, and I truly hope you do.

Pants__cat

3 Year Member
Sorry to hear that your sling is missing.:(

If you haven't, already, you need to go through the substrate, etc., "with a fine toothed comb" (placing checked substrate, etc., in another container). Seriously. Do so patiently, little by little, wee bit by wee bit.

If he/she is indeed missing, start searching low. Floors, crevices, shoes, other items on floor, and any dark places. Also, start your search from where the enclosure is located and slowly fan out. After searching low, progressively search higher (especially dark places and "cracks & crevices & items").
After that room & any closets in the room is searched, you can move to other rooms.
Wish I knew another/better way but, alas, I believe this is about all you can do.

After all this time, and with as little as he/she is, you may not end up being able to find him/her, in the end, (if not, by chance, still in enclosure) but your best chance is to be methodical, in your search, and have a ton of patience.
I really wish you all the best of luck, in finding him/her, and I truly hope you do.
I guess I'm just really frustrated with myself, everyone on here kept telling me not to worry about it at not to dig it up. So I waited 2 months even though I felt someonething was wrong and now I don't really have a chance of finding it

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I guess I'm just really frustrated with myself, everyone on here kept telling me not to worry about it at not to dig it up. So I waited 2 months even though I felt someonething was wrong and now I don't really have a chance of finding it
sucks man. sorry to hear you lost one. I had the same thing happen with my son's N. chromatus. Didn't see it for months and there was nothing there when we dug it up. I know just how you feel.

All we can do here is give advice from what we've experienced, if you got a gut feeling you should go with it first, that saying "always trust your gut" is around for a reason ;)

Latest posts