• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Looking to get into breeding

Charmyknux

3 Year Member
Just thought I'd throw this out there. I've been thinking about breeding lately and was just wondering what you experienced people thought would be a good species for a beginner to try?
I've been keeping Ts for over ten years and have had plenty of experience keeping new and old world species.
Thanks for your opinions! :)

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I would recommend breeding a species you have kept for a while. This way you now the behavior of the species and individuals.

DTG

3 Year Member
Breed one that fascinates you as you may end up with a bunch of slings that you will not be able to move for a long period of time. I have a bunch of Poecilotheria fasciata slings that no one is interested in and I do not mind at all, I love working with Sri Lankan Ornamentals:)

Poec54

3 Year Member
Breed one that fascinates you as you may end up with a bunch of slings that you will not be able to move for a long period of time. I have a bunch of Poecilotheria fasciata slings that no one is interested in and I do not mind at all, I love working with Sri Lankan Ornamentals:)

It's a little different to be sitting on a few hundred OBT's. Not like they're calm and easy going.

DTG

3 Year Member
I've done it. Last year I had an eggsack that no one was interested in. I didn't mind and they all found homes. They are actually in an experiment to see how light affects web production. They are very well taken care of and I am very happy with the result:)

Poec54

3 Year Member
I've done it. Last year I had an eggsack that no one was interested in. I didn't mind and they all found homes. They are actually in an experiment to see how light affects web production. They are very well taken care of and I am very happy with the result:)

Few people are up to dealing with hundreds of vials of orange fury. Poecs are different (except ornata), as you can keep them in group cages for a while which cuts down maintenance.

Latest posts