• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Little hedgehog visited my garden

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So, just got a call from my neighbour as her dog was going mental in the garden. A little hedgehog was all curled up trying to get away from the dog. Picked it up (in a dust p
20160904_211956.jpg
an) and put it in my garden where I have already been collecting bark, logs, leaves etc in readiness for autumn. There was also one in my garden too. Here is the little fella. We shall call him "Spike" ☺

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Trying too. ...lol. Made a bed of bark and leaves so hopefully will stuck around. ☺

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So did he stay? I'll trade my uninvited armadillo for him..:mad: He's tearing my yard up. Tried to catch him and he ran to his burrow that runs under my house. If Piggy gets ahold of him he's a goner..she already killed and half ate a rabbit this month..I didn't know they scream.:oops:

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So did he stay? I'll trade my uninvited armadillo for him..:mad: He's tearing my yard up. Tried to catch him and he ran to his burrow that runs under my house. If Piggy gets ahold of him he's a goner..she already killed and half ate a rabbit this month..I didn't know they scream.:oops:
My bed of leaves and twigs didn't do the trick. not seen it since which is a shame as the kids wanted to keep an eye on it. Armadillo?, I hear they are crunchy on the outside but soft in the middle....lol

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My bed of leaves and twigs didn't do the trick. not seen it since which is a shame as the kids wanted to keep an eye on it. Armadillo?, I hear they are crunchy on the outside but soft in the middle....lol

It'll be hibernating somewhere so you won't see it until spring.

Marija

3 Year Member
Every year I have to run outside my house to my yard and save a couple of hedgehogs from my dogs. I have two American Staffordshire Terriers so you can imagine how they react... Luckily for the hedgehog despite the notorious Amstaff nature, my dogs are pussies :p
They try to bite it and as soon they feel pain they start screaming and running away from it haha.
This is the hedgehog I hung out for a day a few months ago :) I would have loved to keep him but I cant because of the dogs...
14572945_1141002295976956_3772326757642960582_n.jpg 14642227_1141003805976805_2669314829733134586_n.jpg

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Every year I have to run outside my house to my yard and save a couple of hedgehogs from my dogs. I have two American Staffordshire Terriers so you can imagine how they react... Luckily for the hedgehog despite the notorious Amstaff nature, my dogs are pussies :p
They try to bite it and as soon they feel pain they start screaming and running away from it haha.
This is the hedgehog I hung out for a day a few months ago :) I would have loved to keep him but I cant because of the dogs...
View attachment 20689 View attachment 20690
Lol! So little wild hedgehogs can be picked up and petted? That one seems pretty chilled out..I've never seen one, except pictures. We had a little wild piglet come into our yard, I couldnt touch him, he would snarl and scream and show his teeth. :D

Marija

3 Year Member
Lol! So little wild hedgehogs can be picked up and petted? That one seems pretty chilled out..I've never seen one, except pictures. We had a little wild piglet come into our yard, I couldnt touch him, he would snarl and scream and show his teeth. :D
Yeah, they are quite tamed. There are a lot of hedgehogs where I live. When their season comes you see them crossing the street, running around.
A piglet? Oh, that is so adorable :) I wish a piglet comes to my yard :D

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Our horses chased him out of the back pasture and he ran into our front yard :) He only stayed long enough for me to feed him a few times, then escaped. Probably looking for his momma.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
View attachment 20689 View attachment 20690

Just a word of warning most hedgehogs are riddled with fleas.:(

Latest posts