1. Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

L. violaceopes: Need any advice/wisdom

Discussion in 'Tarantula Bite Reports' started by LauraMI, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Morgan94

Morgan94 Member

my last comment wasnt directed toward u or anyone speciffically i just ment in general. on another forum i see people all the time talking about my t isnt moving around so i keep prodding itand other things to that affect. sorry if i ticked u off...
  2. Martin Oosthuysen

Martin Oosthuysen Well-Known Member 3 Year Member 1,000+ Post Club

Haha no you didn't,I was scared of an incorrect reply. Also,I agree fully with you on that. I have even posted videos here of how people treat their tarantulas on YouTube,no shame at all even showing fights.

I apologise if I came across as being angry,I was just unhappy at the thought someone suggested that. Since I will never ever allow that,I respect every specimen I have and some way more than others.
    Morgan94 likes this.
  3. Morgan94

Morgan94 Member

im glad someone other then myself sees how some people (nobody on here so far) treat their animals. Ts are beautiful creatures and whenever i see somebody excessively bugging their t i just tell em how would u like it if i sat here and proded at you all day lol
  4. Martin Oosthuysen

Martin Oosthuysen Well-Known Member 3 Year Member 1,000+ Post Club

Haha,you will never get an argument from me on that topic. I love my T's,no matter size price or color.
    Morgan94 likes this.
  5. Poec54

Poec54 Active Member

Tarantula's interpretation of being 'threatened' may mean the owner who's doing cage maintenance. None of them are thrilled about intruders, as in the wild that can lead to a quick death.
  6. Poec54

Poec54 Active Member

That applies to handling too. Nothing in the wild picks them up unless it's going to eat them.
    Denny Dee and Morgan94 like this.
  7. Morgan94

Morgan94 Member

I agree
Draft saved Draft deleted