• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just ordered my Avic Peru Purple, Kwitara and Amazonica, any advice?

Charlotte

3 Year Member
Hey all,

Just ordered three more slings, any advice on keeping these three? or shall I treat them the same way as my versi?

I can't believe my collection is growing so quickly! on number 5 in under a month! :D

Thanks all :)

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
All Avics should be kept the same way: lots of cross-ventilation and a water dish, and a typical arboreal set-up. Amazonica is one of the largest Avicularia, reaching 7+ inches. They're also a bit more skittish and wired in my experience than other Avics.

Charlotte

3 Year Member
@Chubbs I read up on the Amazonica first, lots of people saying they are big and full of personality. I had to check with spider shop about the peru purple as they put it down as terrestrial and I thought it was a bit strange. When they are full grown will the exo terra 30x30x30 be ok for them or will they need more space? I just purchased a new unit and just wondering if it will be big enough for them. What size do you keep yours in?

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Chubbs I read up on the Amazonica first, lots of people saying they are big and full of personality. I had to check with spider shop about the peru purple as they put it down as terrestrial and I thought it was a bit strange. When they are full grown will the exo terra 30x30x30 be ok for them or will they need more space? I just purchased a new unit and just wondering if it will be big enough for them. What size do you keep yours in?
uploadfromtaptalk1441895787523.jpg

That's my Avicularia amazonica enclosure. She's currently 3.5 inches. I plan on keeping her in that til she hits about 4.5 inches.

Latest posts