• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just got my new and FIRST T!!!!! im so happy :)

Tarantula123

3 Year Member
t.jpg

Isn't she BEAUTIFUL :)

Tarantula123

3 Year Member
Charlette , and she is so curious i went to put her in her enclosure and she crawled on my hand and just stood there, and today i fed her and she pounced on that cricket like no tomarrow :D

CrypticSpider

3 Year Member
Tarantula123, first off: Congrats on your new rosea! She reminds me of mine. ;)

One thing other experienced keepers will tell you: Ditch the cotton. Cotton is a major attractant of all kings of bacteria and yucky stuff. Your new girl is big enough to use the waterdish without worries of drowning.

Also: roseas like their substrate bone-dry. ;)

She could also use a lot more sub, to lessen the danger of her falling, if she decides to climb the walls.

I hate to sound so critical, but I want what's best for your new T. ;)

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Be sure to keep those photos coming! And let us know how she settles in

CrypticSpider

3 Year Member
I don't mean to derail the OP's thread... :(

In the above link, it points to this forum as the site in which the pic resides. This means you have a set place to store pics. UNLESSSSSSS.... a pic is linked to here from another site, and the forum "claims" it.

A Gallery for your members to share pics within the forum would attract more members. (IMO)

I would myself be MUCH more active here if this was an offered option.

Donk

3 Year Member
Like the T and agree with Cryptic Roseas like it bone dry, what type of enclouse are you using??? if its the 30x30x30 exo terra i tend to put substrate up to the black trim around bottom of the doors....water bowl i use a small bowl (used to belong to a hatchling snake from years ago) not very deep but I would reinforce the need to remove cottonwool and not to use buggel etc... Again tho lovely trantula happy keeping.

Donk

3 Year Member
20 gallon...what is that in ft and inches..or cm`s...........I measure that way....Are you from UK??? The gallon thing confuses the living daylights out of me sice uk and usa gallons appear to differ. (bangs head) that and im a bit slow this evening.