1. Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Jamie's Tarantulas :)

Discussion in 'Tarantula and Invert Vendor Reviews' started by Sabeth, Aug 11, 2013.

1. kormath

kormath Well-Known Member 1,000+ Post Club

Media:
    Albums:
    Agreed. I just ordered from her last week, actually the friday before, and emailed her over the weekend to add another batch of feeders to the original order. Prompt response on Monday and my order arrived Thursday. Great packaging as always and the 2 Ts were alive and well. The H. triseriatus was quite energetic ;)

@Ryrythespiderguy Did you include your order # in the email to Jamies? I've never had more than 24 hrs go by without a response from her.
  2. kormath

Media:
    Albums:
    Ordered a batch of pinhead lats for the little T's and the tiny jumping spider my son caught.

Ordered on Monday with 1-3 day shipping. Shipped on Tuesday, still haven't seen them Friday afternoon. What drives me nuts about ordering from Jamies is she uses the post office for shipping. So there's no tracking, no way to tell when your order will arrive. Because of the luck i've seen from another post with all the pinheads arriving dead, i was hesitant to order from her, but nobody else online sells these tiny pinheads. So hopefully they'll be alive and well on Monday.
  3. Kymura

Kymura Well-Known Member 1,000+ Post Club

Media:
    Albums:
    That sucks. :( I am not a fan of pet shops but do stop for occasional crickets for Yeti (or yes she would starve - she still will cohabitate with a dubia rather then eat it) anyway. They have small crix which are really small, nearly pinheads. What about tiny mealworms?
  4. Denny Dee

Denny Dee Well-Known Member 3 Year Member 1,000+ Post Club

Media:
    These guys offer pinheads. Never tried them but if you are shopping around? I get my pins from a local reptile show that runs every two weeks so I am very lucky :D!
  5. Taddy

Taddy New Member

about to buy an LP, hopefully it arrives well and alive. :D (first one on this website, all the others have been bought on swifts inverts, Honduran Curly hair and Texas Brown)
    Kymura likes this.
  6. Psyrocke

Psyrocke Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    You can actually track with post office. That's how I got my T from Casey, but she had a tracking number for me. I would guess its the label choice, but that might be a better question for Casey. *exits from derailing thread slightly*
    Kymura likes this.
  7. MassExodus

MassExodus Well-Known Member 1,000+ Post Club

Ordered a B smithi female from Jaimies, 3" juvie for a very decent price. Received a tracking number, and automatic updates through "Stamps" (plus you can track through the usps tracking service, its not difficult). She arrived this morning, absolutely gorgeous, packed well, healthy. Wont hesitate to order from Jaimies again. Thanks!
  8. Paul Bowen

Paul Bowen Member

I bought a gift certificate yesterday but it's been radio silence since. How long does it take to hear back?
  9. Pawandinverts

Pawandinverts Active Member 3 Year Member

She really is such an amazing dealer. I have bought encloures from her in the past and they are grade A! I have a Brazilian White knee coming in the mail right now from her and I couldn't be anymore excited. Her website is amazing and that's what caches people's attention at first.
    IamKrush and Redacted like this.
  10. Redacted

Redacted Well-Known Member

I agree!
  11. Patty

Patty New Member

I received a gift card for Christmas to Jamie's Tarantulas. When I went to use the card when I wanted to place an order, it said the card was invalid or used up. I sent her three emails about the problem and have not received an answer to any of them. I have never had any problems with her before, but am very unhappy that I have not gotten any reply for her.
  12. kormath

Media:
    Albums:
    just placed an order from Jamie's on Monday, it arrived today. Packaging was sub par. I wish i would have stopped to take pics but i was skipping out of work to put the T and feeders in their respective enclosures and was in a rush ;)

Heatpack was in the middle of the box, up against the enclosure and roaches with no barrier between. Not sure if the spider's vial was against the heat pack also, they had shipping peanuts to pack it all in instead of newspaper. When i removed the heat pack the peanuts tumbled into the space along with the vial.

Vial was poorly packed also. 1 piece of moistened paper towel inside the vial. the bottom end was just folded over, and the top end bunched up together to make the "plug". this left very little to no padding around the sides and lots of room for the T inside to tumble around. Shipper on the package wasn't Jamie either, all my previous purchases came from her, so that was a little disconcerting.

But, the T arrived safe and energetic. he scrambled out of the vial onto my son's hand, then raised his butt up in the defensive pose. Quite entertaining :D all the roaches were alive as well.

I'm going to email Jamie and let her know about the packing. maybe she got someone new to help or something?
    Evanthomas likes this.
  13. IamKrush

IamKrush Well-Known Member 1,000+ Post Club

Media:
    Albums:
    Now that I read this that's how my choco was packed in the vile. But the vile itself was in a smaller box.
    Evanthomas likes this.
  14. IamKrush

Media:
    Albums:
    Did you ever have that issue resolved?
  15. IamKrush

Media:
    Albums:
    I do like the complete enclousers.but they can become pricy if need alot of them. Would be cool of they had buy X amount get one free or something.
  16. kormath

Media:
    Albums:
    i emailed with Jamie but the conversation died on her end. Problem is i didn't get any pics of the packaging, so i don't really anything to show as to what was wrong. I'm not ordering any more T's for a while, got too many for the space i have already ;) When i order again i plan on ordering from Jamie just to see if this was a fluke or if her shipping has slacked off.
    IamKrush likes this.
  17. IamKrush

Media:
    Albums:
    I was a bit annoyed but didnt email. The chaco was alive and active so i just left it at that. But ill give her another chance once the combo packs are restocked need a rosie Rcf
  18. MassExodus

MassExodus Well-Known Member 1,000+ Post Club

Forgot to mention, I ordered some lateralis from Jaimies and everything was great. No deaduns, good packaging, prompt delivery.
    IamKrush likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted