• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

It's a sad day my H.Lividum has passed

Joe williams

3 Year Member
Sorry to report this but my H.lividum has passed and I have no idea how or why she looked fine this morning put a cticket in went to work I've come back and she's dead with one leg partially eaten by the cricket. She didnt burrow but it did take her a whole month to burrow in her old enclosure and she's only been in this one for about 3 weeks so I didn't think it was a problem can anyone help on what might of happened ? She seemed perfectly healthy saw her drinking just the other day.

Annabellam

3 Year Member
I am so sorry for your loss. I do not know what caused this but i hope that you can soon find closure and be able to move on.

Joe williams

3 Year Member
My only guess is that it was a mature male and it was just his time to go never been able to sex her accurately be her molt and she only molted once with me. And the fact that he didn't make a burrow and was wondering around a lot so that's what I'm going with rip Lil man

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My only guess is that it was a mature male and it was just his time to go never been able to sex her accurately be her molt and she only molted once with me. And the fact that he didn't make a burrow and was wondering around a lot so that's what I'm going with rip Lil man

It sounds as though you may me right, it would explain his behaviour.

Joe williams

3 Year Member
Here is how I found him think I may have moved him slightly

Attachments

• 20170130_232318.jpg
    20170130_232318.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 11

Evanthomas

3 Year Member
I'm so sorry for your loss. Doesn't look male to me, but who am I to judge? That's so unusual that she would be fine in the morning then dead by the time you got back, I wonder if she tried climbing and got an injury due to a fall.

Don't let it get you down though, these things happen to all of us.