• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is PetCenterUSA gone?

syzygy

3 Year Member
I did a forum search and didn't see any info about this. The PCUSA website seems to show zero stock. Anybody know if Paul is getting out of the trade or if they are just down while doing a website upgrade or something?

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
he was one of my favorite vendors.

from what i can gather from FB, he went on vacation, left the manager in charge and the manager did nothing. no water or food for 8 weeks, thousands of spider casualties, so Paul said enough is enough (paraphrasing) and did a huge sale, BOGO and wholesale at the warehouse.

Paul is livid on his FB posts, can't blame him though, If that was me i'd be in jail for pounding the snot out of the guy that killed all my T's and lost thousands in sales. Bet he could double his money in this sue happy country. If they can sue for chemo meds causing hair loss why not this? :p

syzygy

3 Year Member
...just WOW. I knew he'd been doing the BOGO and assumed he was trying to reduce inventory, but had no idea it was something like this. I'm kicking myself now for not pulling the trigger on the B. baumgarteni he had.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

from what i can gather from FB, he went on vacation, left the manager in charge and the manager did nothing. no water or food for 8 weeks, thousands of spider casualties, so Paul said enough is enough (paraphrasing) and did a huge sale, BOGO and wholesale at the warehouse.

Paul is livid on his FB posts, can't blame him though, If that was me i'd be in jail for pounding the snot out of the guy that killed all my T's and lost thousands in sales. Bet he could double his money in this sue happy country. If they can sue for chemo meds causing hair loss why not this? :p
Yeah it sucks that happened. It helped the hobby alog way. It sucks he is walking away from it.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

Well he could sue the guy. The guy was hired to do a job.so he basically got paid to do nothing which is basicslly theift. There's a rumor that thw guy was paid off to " sabotage" Paul.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That's awful :(. Even here in the UK we knew Paul had a very good reputation. Maybe if all you people that have had such great dealings with him contact him showing your support it may persuade him to start again.

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Man that's a damn shame, I was wondering what was up with his site, I've been window shopping his site for awhile, never got the chance to order though. I don't get people like that, seen run down exotic stores like that where they just have dead animals in there store from not being cared for. I mean come on, you have a awesome job if you get to work one on one with animals of any kind, and get payed too? Get outta here, im always working for my animals at home, and that's for fun. But people out there get payed to do the simplest of things, and can't even feed the animals, come on!!!!

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's awful :(. Even here in the UK we knew Paul had a very good reputation. Maybe if all you people that have had such great dealings with him contact him showing your support it may persuade him to start again.
Maybe one day he will. Apparently he was getting so many emails about this he had to ask people to stop emailing him.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Man that's a damn shame, I was wondering what was up with his site, I've been window shopping his site for awhile, never got the chance to order though. I don't get people like that, seen run down exotic stores like that where they just have dead animals in there store from not being cared for. I mean come on, you have a awesome job if you get to work one on one with animals of any kind, and get payed too? Get outta here, im always working for my animals at home, and that's for fun. But people out there get payed to do the simplest of things, and can't even feed the animals, come on!!!!
Yeah i was looking forward to putting another order with him. But all this went down. Sucks he got screwed over by someone he thought he could trust

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Possible charges to the idiot who caused this.

Breach of contract: adequate husbandry was clearly implicit for that arrangement.

Gross negligence/destruction of property in excess of, say, $1500+ or more.

(Implausible but worth a try) animal cruelty by means of not providing basic care when able to do so.

If that works, it's criminal charges for each T!!

It would be worth filling out charging papers just to test the system. Heck, why not the humane society?

RiZ4

I bought several of his tarantulas few years back and absolute love my T's grow em all up to max life. They all are now deceased but they comes with excellent quality and dociles like he said they would be. Came back to buy some more amd couldnt understand why theres no longer a website full of tarantulas and I came down to here to find that hes no longer breed and sell them. It is a great disappointed and heartbreaking to learn that he got screwed over. That made me mad as well and agree with everyone that manager should be charged with whatever he can to get whats rightfully his again. Hope he will comes back soon with tarantulas because theres no one like him! Comes back, sir, we love your creepy crawlers and want more!

Solsurfer

Is that what happened wtf !? He had the best prices and selection that's mf lame I can't believe that. I heard there was another reason but I don't believe that at all and I'm not gonna say because I read it on the internet. It took him many years to get to that point I'm sure. I could imagine why he wouldn't want to start all over that's a long hard road. I emailed him a few times about different things he always got back to me really straight up good dude. Rip petcenterusa

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Is that what happened wtf !? He had the best prices and selection that's mf lame I can't believe that. I heard there was another reason but I don't believe that at all and I'm not gonna say because I read it on the internet. It took him many years to get to that point I'm sure. I could imagine why he wouldn't want to start all over that's a long hard road. I emailed him a few times about different things he always got back to me really straight up good dude. Rip petcenterusa
Yeah, its messed up he got did like that. He mentioned some of it on facebook when it happened. I got some Ts from him a few months before it happened. I was looking forward to doing more business with him then that all went down.