• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

info on Barylestis scutatus

adykay

3 Year Member
I said they were quick how did you get it in its enclosure in the end
Hi again just wondering how long did it take yours to start feeding? I've had mine 3 days now and it just sits on the walls of the enclosure and in the corners, it's very shy and doesn't seem to be feeding so I'm a little bit worried that it's not settling very well also I don't know the sex of it and I don't know how to tell

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
Took mine about a week just sat in the corner like yours your enclosure looks really big for the size of the spider that might be the pic though I've got a half tube cork bark which it went in afer a while put one of them in spiders vary ive had spiders that have eaten straight away I also got a p metalica sling that took 4 weeks to eat stick a cricket in there he will eventually eat it. sexing true spiders at that size isn't easy might have to wait till it matures but generally males are small bodied and all legs try and post a pic of the whole enclosure so I can see the size of it

adykay

3 Year Member
Took mine about a week just sat in the corner like yours your enclosure looks really big for the size of the spider that might be the pic though I've got a half tube cork bark which it went in afer a while put one of them in spiders vary ive had spiders that have eaten straight away I also got a p metalica sling that took 4 weeks to eat stick a cricket in there he will eventually eat it. sexing true spiders at that size isn't easy might have to wait till it matures but generally males are small bodied and all legs try and post a pic of the whole enclosure so I can see the size of it
image.jpg
image.jpg
You can see the size of the spider compared to the enclosure it's way to big, due to my parents being away I can't get a smaller enclosure until next week, and also the room that I am keeping it in is quite a cool room so I think the spider may be getting cold

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
Yeah that's a massive tank for that spider I keep mine in my office at work and it gets pretty cold in there mines been fine but weather is getting cold now so I will leave the heating on bit as far as tank size goes I think your be better off with something half that size maybe a bit smaller look at my pics earlier in this post should give you an idea

adykay

3 Year Member
Yeah that's a massive tank for that spider I keep mine in my office at work and it gets pretty cold in there mines been fine but weather is getting cold now so I will leave the heating on bit as far as tank size goes I think your be better off with something half that size maybe a bit smaller look at my pics earlier in this post should give you an idea
If the enclosure is to big will it not feed?

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
It will but it might not find it for a while just leave a couple in there with it ive been feeding mine daddy long legs as they are out now grab one of them from out side and let that fly about in there

adykay

3 Year Member
It will but it might not find it for a while just leave a couple in there with it ive been feeding mine daddy long legs as they are out now grab one of them from out side and let that fly about in there
If I see any I will put one in, And does the size of the crickets not matter as long as they are not huge?

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
To be honest I have no idea what sex it is, I've been told you can't tell until there fully matured
It's harder with true spiders bit once they have matured it's really easy if yours has a smaller body and is all legs with what looks like bulbs on there palps it's a male

adykay

3 Year Member
It's harder with true spiders bit once they have matured it's really easy if yours has a smaller body and is all legs with what looks like bulbs on there palps it's a male
I guess time will tell

Latest posts