• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I'm heartbroken

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have been watching my MM P. irminia slowly slipping away to the point I really thought he had gone yesterday, but no, today he is up in his hammock. Meanwhile my beautiful OBT, Zera, had died without me even realising.

Zera was my first ever T and such a stunning girl. A couple of weeks ago she sealed herself into her hide and my first thought was an imminent moult although she wasn't due one. On Friday her door opened and I could see a couple of those glorious orange legs. She hadn't moved all weekend and didn't react when I topped her water bowl up last night which was odd. I thought maybe it was her old exo so I pulled it out using tongs and sadly it was Zera herself. There is no sign of anything wrong except her butt had shrivelled.

I'm really going to miss her even though I could go months without seeing her.
RIP my beautiful girl

My favourite picture of her
DSCF2129.JPG

Thistles

3 Year Member
Sorry to hear that. If she was your first it may have been her time. OBTs aren't a super long-lived species. I'm sure she had a good life with you.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Sorry to hear that. If she was your first it may have been her time. OBTs aren't a super long-lived species. I'm sure she had a good life with you.

Thank you. I bought her as a juvi 3 years ago so she wasn't very old :(

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have to agree with Thistles on this one Ennie. You might have only had Zara for 3 years, but if you care for your Ts with as much devotion as you give to us on this site, your OBT was a very lucky tarantula indeed. Please accept my condolences. I am so sorry for your loss.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have to agree with Thistles on this one Ennie. You might have only had Zara for 3 years, but if you care for your Ts with as much devotion as you give to us on this site, your OBT was a very lucky tarantula indeed. Please accept my condolences. I am so sorry for your loss.

Thank you. She didn't have many needs, just her water bowl topping up, a few crickets every week or so and her heap of rubbish removing every month or 2 whenever she felt like throwing it out.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My condolences Enn.... It's always a terrible tragedy to lose a tarantula. :(

Latest posts