• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

i'm back :) goliath or salmon pink???

donna

3 Year Member
hi, sorry not been around for a while. have two new additions since i was last on a cobalt blue sling & an adult female birdeater.
what is the difference between a salmon pink & a goliath?? i'm confused. the pet shop sold herto us as a 'birdeater' nothing else they also said she was appoximatly 2-4 years old, have a look at this pic please let me know what you think, what is she? age if possable to tell from size. will defo upload mre pics & one of cobalt soon to, also name ideas for the birdeater pls :)
524761_10200402558290712_140666846_n.jpg

Atx13

3 Year Member
L. Parahybana for sure.. Have a look at the "giants" photo thread for a good example of a T. Strimi, not sure if anybody posted a T. Blondi or not.
You can only really guess how old she... How big is she?

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's not a Goliath. Likely a salmon pink. Hard to be certain from that pic.
Here are mine for reference:

Salmon Pink
002.jpg

Goliath
crunch003.jpg

donna

3 Year Member
That's not a Goliath. Likely a salmon pink. Hard to be certain from that pic.
Here are mine for reference:

Salmon Pink
002.jpg

Goliath
crunch003.jpg
thank you, just got her a few hours ago so didnt really wanna freak her out taking pics but will get some more soon, looking at yours i also think the salmon pink too , thanks again :D

donna

3 Year Member
yep, that's a Parahybana. She's gorgeous! and still has a ton of growing to do..
thanks,
kenny,i was just wondering how old you think she is from her size as you said she still has a ton of growing to do. how big do you think she will get???

also we have noticed that one of her fangs is broken.. about 1/3 of it is missing. she hasn't eaten yet whilst we have had her ( 2weeks) we offered her a large locust. should we offer her something smaller?

any suggestions always appreciated :)

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
1)Age is impossible to accurately guess, but I don't imagine she's very old. 2-3 years maybe.
2)They can get as large as 10"
3)No, don't offer smaller prey, she should still be able to eat with 1 fang. You just gotta get her to the next moult. Keep her warm, anf feed her often

donna

3 Year Member
thank you for your quick reply, we know she was in a pet shop for 2 years before being moved to one where we bought her. we have just been keeping her warm & offering food, even if she doesnt take it, she is very timid to say she lived ina pet shop for so long.

how long does an adult take between molts roughly please? we only have one other adult & we have had her ayear & no molt so not so sure

Latest posts