• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ID this roach please..

Hisserdude

3 Year Member
Know where I got them? A drain pipe in the dishwashing area of a cafeteria. I've captured about 6 now. Fast, climbers, but the females are pretty...thats a female right? And you're right, this isn't an infestation, they found a water source, heat, and a dishwasher to scavenge bits of food, but theres not many of them, it took an hour to find six..thanks for the ID gonna look them up :) Is it me or does the first one I showed you look more like a genitalis than a bolleana?

Hmm, well in that habitat you got me double thinking lol! They may be germanica, but I still highly doubt it.

Nah, A.genitalis does not range into your area I believe, and yours seems bigger. Yours has the large dark area on the pronotum characteristic of bolliana as well. :)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hmm, well in that habitat you got me double thinking lol! They may be germanica, but I still highly doubt it.

Nah, A.genitalis does not range into your area I believe, and yours seems bigger. Yours has the large dark area on the pronotum characteristic of bolliana as well. :)

I see why you say asahinai, but check this out: I'm finding them all over now, there's a bunch..are you sure asahinai wont infest? Or could they be a hybrid? The kitchen area is filthy in certain areas, I'm fixing to report it, which means these guys got to go.
WP_20160603_21_34_13_Pro.jpg

Hisserdude

3 Year Member
I see why you say asahinai, but check this out: I'm finding them all over now, there's a bunch..are you sure asahinai wont infest? Or could they be a hybrid? The kitchen area is filthy in certain areas, I'm fixing to report it, which means these guys got to go.
View attachment 16949

Ok the coloration on that one looks much more like germanica, I'd get an exterminator ASAP if I were you. :(