• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need serious help...

Lilith

3 Year Member
Well I would she's in her own tank ;)

But yeah, it's a good idea to put her in a completely different room.
I was just gonna put her out of her missery tbh...shes in such poor condition she can barely walk and when she does she shakes

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Typically tarantulas with nematodes don't survive. I have heard of people putting them in the fridge to euthanize them. Even though they don't really "feel" pain the way we do, it's still a rather quick and I guess you could say ethical way of doing it. Very sorry about this.

Lilith

3 Year Member
Typically tarantulas with nematodes don't survive. I have heard of people putting them in the fridge to euthanize them. Even though they don't really "feel" pain the way we do, it's still a rather quick and I guess you could say ethical way of doing it. Very sorry about this.
Thanks...

Lilith

3 Year Member
I would definitely contact the seller though. Maybe take a picture of the nematodes and send it to them.
20150922_222727.jpg
20150922_222718.jpg

Honestly what does that look like to you. I know for a fact they're worms. But i want to make sure if im right on nematodes.

Ghost

3 Year Member
View attachment 11169
Are these nematodes. From what I've seen they dont look anything like them. More like tiny maggots or something

No their not nematodes I'm not sure what they are but nematodes aren't that visible to the naked eye and look like white gloop coming from the T's mouth parts,As you say they look more like some kind of small maggots.

Lilith

3 Year Member
No their not nematodes I'm not sure what they are but nematodes aren't that visible to the naked eye and look like white gloop coming from the T's mouth parts,As you say they look more like some kind of small maggots.
. _. They came from inside her

Ghost

3 Year Member
. _. They came from inside her
The only thing I can suggest is try keeping them in a small pot and see what they turn into its the only sure way to find out what they are,As there's a good chance she was wild caught and could have picked up any number of things.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I dont know who thinks u cant ship spiders in the mail....people do it all the time...lol wtf.

Lilith

3 Year Member
I dont know who thinks u cant ship spiders in the mail....people do it all the time...lol wtf.
I'd prefer to have had her flown in or whatever but she was waiting around for days...annnd i also think upon looking at these things theyre phorid fly larvea

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Most of the good UK sellers state on their site if they're CB or WC so it would be worth checking. It would also be a good idea to send them photos of the things as they may be able to identify them.

Lilith

3 Year Member
Most of the good UK sellers state on their site if they're CB or WC so it would be worth checking. It would also be a good idea to send them photos of the things as they may be able to identify them.
? Im not the best with all acronyms

Lilith

3 Year Member
Did you buy her from an online shop or a private seller?
Online shop. They had mostly great reviews with very little problems...but i honestly dont know if theyll refund me because it may not be their fault...her towel to keep her hydrated was bone dry by the time she got here and she may have damage because of that which is why she cant seem to move her fangs and is severely weak...and if it is scuttle fly larvea then the flies took advantage of this and now shes infested

Latest posts