• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I M an idiot...

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just venting to complain a little bit about myself...Im freaking clumsy. Just got back from the ER had to get 6 stitches in the end of my finger. Was cutting a bagel and the bread knife got away from me. WTF. sometimes i think im just a little bit too accident prone.

Well thats my diary entry for the day....lol anyone else like that besides me?

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
ME!

I have to consciously focus on what i'm doing with knives while working in the kitchen or for hobbies. Samurai used to say you couldn't put away a blade without blooding it first. I must be a full blood samurai (without the awesome abilities). If i don't focus i'll end up with a cut. I have a box of butterfly bandages in my cupboard above the sink just for that reason. Luckily only a couple of mine so far have needed stitches, but i hate going to the doc so the butterfly bandages worked fine for me ;)

Worst part is i usually get cut in the middle of making dinner, so I have all this stuff in the pan cooking and stuff waiting on the cutting board to add and oops, forget that, it's now bloody. :mad: So what was plan B for dinner?

syzygy

3 Year Member
I have no feeling in one fingertip as a result of instinctively attempting to catch an exacto knife that I'd dropped. Don't Do That...just let it go.
Even that incident wasn't enough to warrant stitches though...can't imagine what you did to need 6 of them!

My job involves working with and around sharp things and I cut my fingers a lot. Because of this I've come to loath the packaging designers for fingertip bandages. They already know that you're down to one non-bleeding hand...and possibly not your dominant one. You should be able to open that box and free the bandage with one hand. At least make one of the flaps longer so you can grab it with your teeth easily.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have no feeling in one fingertip as a result of instinctively attempting to catch an exacto knife that I'd dropped. Don't Do That...just let it go.
Even that incident wasn't enough to warrant stitches though...can't imagine what you did to need 6 of them!

My job involves working with and around sharp things and I cut my fingers a lot. Because of this I've come to loath the packaging designers for fingertip bandages. They already know that you're down to one non-bleeding hand...and possibly not your dominant one. You should be able to open that box and free the bandage with one hand. At least make one of the flaps longer so you can grab it with your teeth easily.
They do it on purpose ;) I tend to use superglue on almost all of my cuts now anyway. Seals even when wet and bloody and usually lasts on my fingers longer than a bandage.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
lol glad to hear im not the only one then! :) @Kymura yeah i usually do get the pre cut ones just didnt notice they werent. lol i have a wood working shop that is full of every saw imaginable and i cut myself while try to get a bagel! lmao oh sweet irony!

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
hell man i cant even cut stuff with a knife half the time without hurting myself....lol i aint gonna be doing in stunts.

Latest posts