• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I just realized I have a lot of spiders lol

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Kenny, would you mind sharing a picture of her new home? I would love to see an example of a good OBT enclosure :D

Ok, here's what I use.
Very Basic. dry EcoEarth, a 4" water bowl with some stones (for the roaches not the T) and a piece of Cork.
I like to use glass aquariums for OBT, because they like it dry, so no need to retain humidity.
OBTHouse16.jpg

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Awesome! Thanks so much for posting that Kenny :) I'm enclosure shopping atm (looking to make a T order if the shipping price is right), and I would like to see if I can swing a deal if I buy a couple at the same time.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Awesome! Thanks so much for posting that Kenny :) I'm enclosure shopping atm (looking to make a T order if the shipping price is right), and I would like to see if I can swing a deal if I buy a couple at the same time.

You got it! what's on your list? beside the Red Knees.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well, I have emailed two different breeders (because of course neither of them carry the same thing lol), I can't afford both of the orders so seeing which one works out better price wise. The one order would be: A.versicolor, B.smithi and a G.aureostriata (possibly a B.auratum if he'll swing a deal). And the order from the other place would be: A.purpurea, C.cyaneopubescens and a C.elegans

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well, I have emailed two different breeders (because of course neither of them carry the same thing lol), I can't afford both of the orders so seeing which one works out better price wise. The one order would be: A.versicolor, B.smithi and a G.aureostriata (possibly a B.auratum if he'll swing a deal). And the order from the other place would be: A.purpurea, C.cyaneopubescens and a C.elegans

Beware of Elegans slings. 1/16" is small. ;)

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well, I would already have a permanent home for it then...tons of little enclosures on hand :D

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well, I would already have a permanent home for it then...tons of little enclosures on hand :D

cool little spiders.. they have a heart on their abdomen, would make a nice romantic Valentines gift from your Husband. ;)

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
cool little spiders.. they have a heart on their abdomen, would make a nice romantic Valentines gift from your Husband. ;)
No hubby here haha. The heart was the reason I liked them lol.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Kind of sucks that I wasn't able to find the smithi and the purpurea in the same place though :(

Latest posts