• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

i am 14 years old and have been collectiong for a year. help.

spider mike

3 Year Member
hello. i am 14 years old, my dad has allways had snakes around and lots of reptiles but about a year ago i forund the world of tarantulas and fell in love. i know im too young for a chiled but my new 1.5"
female p. metalica is my first born! i am well edicated with tarantulas, i normaly just shuffle through this forum but this time i need help. i have a fairly large collection but i just can not get enough! i am looking for some good whole salers and price lists or maybe some breeding pares. i would also like to get some slings to raise and keep, i like to watch them grow. (looking for another gigas of almost any type) thank you!
mike-15173487889
[email protected]

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi Mike! welcome to the boards!
Unfortunately, to get a wholesale list you'll need a Tax ID #, But regardless, there are deals to be had. You said your looking for another Gigas. Would that be Hysterocretes Gigas, or Tapinacheus Gigas? Two very different spiders. What species are you looking for pairs of? Are you looking for mature pairs or are juvemiles ok?

spider mike

3 Year Member
Hi Mike! welcome to the boards!
Unfortunately, to get a wholesale list you'll need a Tax ID #, But regardless, there are deals to be had. You said your looking for another Gigas. Would that be Hysterocretes Gigas, or Tapinacheus Gigas? Two very different spiders. What species are you looking for pairs of? Are you looking for mature pairs or are juvemiles ok?

i would like h. gigas but t. gigas is nice aswell. i have a pare of b. bohemi and im growing my OBT's. i would like to try something easy to start because i have not bread anything yet and im wondering how to care for the sack.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If I were you, I would start with OBTs. They're about as easy as it gets. Boehmei aren't exactly hard to breed, but they take more steps, including a cooldown period. My advice to you; raise up your OBT and start with them. See how it is to deal with 100+slings and then go from there, no reason to start with multiple projects.