• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hurricane Harvey

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
appreciate the good thoughts! The storms are finally over and the sun is out. My family is high and dry, but of course lots of people aren't. Here are a few pictures I took from the shelter I spent some time at yesterday.

IMG_6953.PNG

Citizens with large trucks(there are a lot of those around here) made trip after trip through flooded neighborhoods picking up people that couldn't get out on their own and bringing them to the shelter. I guess if you own a truck like this guy you are obligated to help. :). They were also coming in on several rounds of school buses.

IMG_6955.PNG

Of course there were plenty of military vehicles rescuing people too.

IMG_6954.PNG

Talk about using any means you have to save people.

IMG_6944.JPG

Military helicopters have been flying over the house constantly conducting search and rescues. We are about 4 miles from one of the evacuation sites so its been constant.

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Also, in case you were curious, this is how assassin bugs survive a tropical storm. Apparently they hunker down and huddle together. Either that or the weather got them in the mood for a menagé. :) These were on my blackberry vine this afternoon.

IMG_6932.JPG