• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How old?

custm42425

3 Year Member
Picked up a pink toe metallica sling yesterday for $10 and forgot to ask how old it was, any idea? btw this is my first T
Sling.jpg

Samuraisid

3 Year Member
The colouration of the opisthosoma (abdomen) make me think it could be pre-molt, however the best indication for a young Avicularia would be dark lines on the legs. Avics tend to be shy, so its your best bet to leave feeders with them for 24-48 hours and see if they eat.

custm42425

3 Year Member
i left 2 mini mealworms in there in case it decided it was hungry later.. at the moment its just perched on top of the wood hanging out.. i guess ill just keep checking over next day or 2 and see if it decides to go after them or just remove them and replace with new if it doesnt.. i could get a really good close up pic while its at the top of the wood if you wanted a better view of it =)