1. Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How often to feed

Discussion in 'Tarantula Feeding and Feeder Insects' started by Pants__cat, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Pants__cat

Pants__cat Member

i just bought a mature G rosea, and she has quite the appetite. She's eaten everything I've dropped in there, should I just let her eat or should I limit her. She's about 4 or 5 inches
    Evanthomas likes this.
  2. Evanthomas

Evanthomas Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    What are you feeding her? My adult female eats a large dubia once every week or two until she randomly stops eating for months.
  3. Pants__cat

Pants__cat Member

Large crickets
  4. Evanthomas

Evanthomas Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I would probably feed mine two or three crickets a week while she's taking it. Mine has gone on hunger strikes so make sure you take the crickets out if she doesn't eat them.
  5. kormath

kormath Well-Known Member 1,000+ Post Club

Media:
    Albums:
    feed the slings abdomen sized prey as often as they'll eat it. they won't over eat. i feed my smallest ones 3 times a week, i've tried 4 but they usually ignore that 4th roach for a day or so then eat it. 3 times a week they eat every time.

large slings/juvies i feed twice a week, sub-adult/adult i feed once a week.
    Evanthomas likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted