• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How many of you have bred any type of invertebrate before?

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have another pregnant emperor. And my first chilean rose made an egg sac beginning of January. Very excited and want to get more involved with tarantulas. I'm becoming quite addicted to my arachnids.
I have another pregnant emperor. And my first chilean rose made an egg sac beginning of January. Very excited and want to get more involved with tarantulas. I'm becoming quite addicted to my arachnids.
Oh wicked, baby Chiles, that's so exciting I really hope it goes well.

TJB13

3 Year Member
I've read some info on chilean rose egg sac removal. Some say wait 30 days minimum, others say a couple weeks. It's my first time so I don't know which method to use. Anyone have some advise for me from past experiences? It was laid 2 weeks ago and I'm already anxious but don't want to jump the gun and regret it.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've read some info on chilean rose egg sac removal. Some say wait 30 days minimum, others say a couple weeks. It's my first time so I don't know which method to use. Anyone have some advise for me from past experiences? It was laid 2 weeks ago and I'm already anxious but don't want to jump the gun and regret it.

I wait 40.

TJB13

3 Year Member
Ok excellent. By that stage their "eggs with legs" right. I'll just hold on then. I have my incubator ready and think all should go well. I did see the mother come out today, she's been completely closed off inside her hide until today. Should I be worried she didn't have her sac? Or is it normal for them to leave it sometimes?

TJB13

3 Year Member
Just pulled the sac, she didn't put up a big fight but still seemed to not want me to have it. Opened it and found lots of yellow eggs. None were stuck together. None were black but there was a few tiny ones that I assume are bad. I will just keep an eye on them and hope for the best.
image.jpg

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My wife is definitely not as excited as I am haha. Mixed emotions in our household.
Well I'm with you in the excited group God them eggs are so cute, who wouldn't be excited. Making me broody, I mite look for some ready to breed ts, I've never wanted a human baby.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Anyone know approximately what age a female would be considered too old for breeding ? Does it vary between species ?

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
that would be species specific if there were an answer, but I'm not sure a female can get too old; or that there are enough reliable records to test the theory that they can be. I personally have gotten sacs out of a 14 year old Pulchripes.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
that would be species specific if there were an answer, but I'm not sure a female can get too old; or that there are enough reliable records to test the theory that they can be. I personally have gotten sacs out of a 14 year old Pulchripes.
Thanks for that. I hope you get the males you need soon.

Latest posts