• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How many of you have bred any type of invertebrate before?

plessey

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have successfully bred (mating to slings) the following:

Grammostola pulchripes
Holothele incei
Phlogiellus sp. Koh Samui
Ornithocotonus sp. Koh Samui
Ornithoctonus aureotibialis
Heteroscodra maculata
Ephebopus murinus
Psalmopoeus cambridgei
Psalmopoeus irminia
Cyriopagopus schioedtei
Poecilotheria subfusca
Harpactira sp. marksi
Harpactira sp. Robertson
Harpactirella lightfooti
Selenocosmia peerboomi
Brachypelma emilia
Brachypelma albopilosum
Brachypelma schroederi
Plesiophrictus sp. India
Tapinauchenius subcaeruleus

*EDIT
Forgot Chilobrachys fimbriatus & Hysterocrates sp. Cameroon

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I haven't bred anything yet...but am definitely planning on it eventually.

Tguy

3 Year Member
just waiting for my female smithi to molt (anytime now)and my boy is good to go ...done my homework now it's just a waiting game ..can't wait for the big day :) i keep them in a 30 gal long split tank

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hey Tguy just noticed you are in Canada as well! Where are ya? Good luck on the upcoming pairing :)

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Cool! All of my extended family lives in Ontario; mostly in and around Peterborough. Any chance you'd be willing to ship future babies to Calgary? :D

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Cool! All of my extended family lives in Ontario; mostly in and around Peterborough. Any chance you'd be willing to ship future babies to Calgary? :D
And to a very good home! Bast deserves a few little gorgeous b smithis.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
just waiting for my female smithi to molt (anytime now)and my boy is good to go ...done my homework now it's just a waiting game ..can't wait for the big day :) i keep them in a 30 gal long split tank
How exciting, really hope it goes well, the world needs loads more b smithis

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I can't buy any more until I've paid my tax bill :( I'm dying to see if the shop herc and Co came from have still got any but I can't control my spending in spider shops or saddleries so have to take avoidance measures for now. I would definitely give you owner recommendation.

TJB13

3 Year Member
I had an emperor scorpion become pregnant and was fortunate enough to watch her give birth deep in her burrow. It took her quite a while. It's been about a year now, 21 were born and I have 14 left. There growing and moulting great. One of them is half the size as the others. I keep them all together and assume there's been cannabalism but they stay in their burrow and I leave them alone. I read up a lot on them and separated the young from the mother at second instar, still white but bodies were formed and they were roaming around. The mother died 2 days after I took her babies. Conditions were right and I don't know why she died. It was my first time and I assume it was stress but am not sure. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Latest posts