• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How long were you in the hobby before u started breeding Tarantulas

Lawrence b

3 Year Member
How long were you in the hobby before u started breeding Tarantulas.Just to See how long most collectors go on to breed after been inspired by your pets .

DTG

3 Year Member
I bred my first Tarantula around a year into it. It was what was know in those days as Grammastola spatulata, the Rose Hair. Bred them every year for four or five years and finally gave up without ever producing a sack. My first successful was A versicolor after around 4-5 years of breeding.

Frances Pauli

3 Year Member
I think (man it's been a long time) I was only into Ts about a year and a half before my first attempt. Primarily, because I found myself suddenly owning a mature male of the same species I had a mature female....and that combination was just way too hard to resist. I always want them to get a chance if possible. I didn't get a sac that try, but he survived it, Only half of my nerves did.

Fleas

3 Year Member
After a couple of months I was all for it. I wanted a lot of spider and the only way I can afford a lot is to make my own :rolleyes:. I've paired 3 females so far 2 E SP red 1 B Albopilosum and my Male G porteri is about to burst into a MM so his lady is going to get some loving soon.lol I like how I ended up with super slow growers as starters breeding projects. the E SP reds can take up to 9 months to make a egg sack after mating:confused: am waiting for the B Albopilosum male to make a few more sperm webs for i can pair him up for one last time, then I'll send him off to an other potential breeder(sense he is still really fresh). The MM E SP Red lost his right tribal spur to the larger female(she was very receptive the first time around she started drumming first to get his attention) and has not made a proper sperm web sense:(. So far it's been lots of fun learning and breeding T's and hopefully I'll have lots of baby's this year:T:

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
After a couple of months I was all for it. I wanted a lot of spider and the only way I can afford a lot is to make my own :rolleyes:. I've paired 3 females so far 2 E SP red 1 B Albopilosum and my Male G porteri is about to burst into a MM so his lady is going to get some loving soon.lol I like how I ended up with super slow growers as starters breeding projects. the E SP reds can take up to 9 months to make a egg sack after mating:confused: am waiting for the B Albopilosum male to make a few more sperm webs for i can pair him up for one last time, then I'll send him off to an other potential breeder(sense he is still really fresh). The MM E SP Red lost his right tribal spur to the larger female(she was very receptive the first time around she started drumming first to get his attention) and has not made a proper sperm web sense:(. So far it's been lots of fun learning and breeding T's and hopefully I'll have lots of baby's this year:T:
Good luck Fleas. I'll be attempting to breed my Lp and maybe a gbb as well this year. Oh and in answer to the question..about two years.

Latest posts