• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How do I dry out my enclosure?

Adam Boudreau

3 Year Member
So pretty much the water bowl in my tarantulas enclosure ended up spilling.... this was about 3 or 4 days ago and I don't know how to fully dry it out, I just keep getting condensation all along the sides and wiping it but it continues to come back. I really don't want to ruin my lil slings' home by cleaning it out and putting in new substrate. Any ideas on how I can dry it out?

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So pretty much the water bowl in my tarantulas enclosure ended up spilling.... this was about 3 or 4 days ago and I don't know how to fully dry it out, I just keep getting condensation all along the sides and wiping it but it continues to come back. I really don't want to ruin my lil slings' home by cleaning it out and putting in new substrate. Any ideas on how I can dry it out?
Condensation is very bad. It will drown a spider. Their book lungs can't filter out that much humidity ...Do what you have to do, or your spider will die.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There's a few ways to fix that. You can remove the water dish, spoon out that really moist substrate and put in dry in it's place. Put the T in a catch cup while you do that. One thing I've done for a T that flips his dish every time i fill it is put a bit of aquarium gravel in the substrate below the dish so the water doesn't just sit there on the surface layer, it drains down into the substrate and doesn't give that humidity build up on the sides.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
What type of substrate is in the enclosure? Also what is the species of the T?

Latest posts