• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hisser promotional

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm keeping a colony of hissers, I have huge hybrid portentosa, E javanica, and A insignis. ( Madagascar, Halloween and Flat Horn.) in one colony. I'm posting this to let people know, if you're not creeped out by roaches, a multi species colony is like a fish tank for invert lovers. They are always doing something. I'd heard about fights between males before, but last night I watched the most epic struggle ever. The two biggest javanica in my tank went head to head in a shoving match, and it was very cool. These guys get extremely pissed, and they don't play around. I have several pieces of cork in an exoterra for them, with a large piece leaned sideways, and these two were actually shifting it around and slamming it against the side of the enclosure..It looked like a bar brawl :D Didn't look like they got hurt, its basically a shoving match, but still..impressive fight. The most interesting display animals are roaches, from what I've seen..

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
WP_20160323_17_49_53_Pro.jpg
WP_20160323_17_50_55_Pro.jpg
WP_20160323_17_53_56_Pro.jpg

Hisserdude

3 Year Member
Man its funny, but my Halloween hissers are freakin ruffians...all they do is brawl and breed. They are twice as active as the other two species :)

Yeah, despite their size they are more feisty than the normal hissers. I once owned a E.javanica male, and he hissed way more and way louder than any of my other hissers!