• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi!

PamCz

3 Year Member
you're supposed to never get bit, therefore, toxicity won't matter.
In a perfect world, yes.

There's the old adage about knowing your limits, which applies here. In other words....IF a bite occurs, how much pain/anguish are you willing to go through? I choose not to take the worst of the bites. I don't want to go through anything worse than I already have the risk of going through. ;)

Down with OBT

3 Year Member
I much prefer the 2 Unlimited song.

I personally haven't had S. calceatum, but have had adult fem H. mac several pokies and enough OBT's to start a small army and 3 different Haplopelma inc. minax.

I made the choice way back that I won't have T's that don't appeal to me. S. calceatum is on that list along with P. lugardi, T. blondi (well all NW are out except A. versi & P. irminia) too itchy!

I was merely giving motivation if she was confident, just scared of the venom.

10 years in the this hobby never once bit , however, very reputable have been so there's always a chance.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I like both NWs and OWs. Never understood why some people prefer one over the other.

Down with OBT

3 Year Member
oh I love some NW B. smithi & G. pulchra come to mind. My every growing reaction to urticating hairs made me reconsider them in my collection. Literally itched the skin off to fingers in my sleep.

PamCz

3 Year Member
I much prefer the 2 Unlimited song.

I personally haven't had S. calceatum, but have had adult fem H. mac several pokies and enough OBT's to start a small army and 3 different Haplopelma inc. minax.

I made the choice way back that I won't have T's that don't appeal to me. S. calceatum is on that list along with P. lugardi, T. blondi (well all NW are out except A. versi & P. irminia) too itchy!

I was merely giving motivation if she was confident, just scared of the venom.

10 years in the this hobby never once bit , however, very reputable have been so there's always a chance.
I see... You know., maybe with more experience, I'll open up to those. Must say, the H. mac is beautiful. But, for now...nah. I've got a few others on my want list before then.

An OBT army. Holy crap. That's when you're praying to die of a heart attack, a stroke, or ANYthing, before that army reaches you!

You are what I hope to emulate...10 years with some fast, potent T's, but NO BITES! :D

PamCz

3 Year Member
oh I love some NW B. smithi & G. pulchra come to mind. My every growing reaction to urticating hairs made me reconsider them in my collection. Literally itched the skin off to fingers in my sleep.
Really?! Oh, wow. Did you handle them..or was it just by being around them? I wouldn't have NW either if I was so allergic.

Down with OBT

3 Year Member
my *insert expletive* A. genic been makin me itchy from day one at 1", but when she hit 6" she got me bad and I itched for days. Was doing macro photos didn't even notice what she was doing.

Latest posts