• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Pokies are beautiful, my son has a vittata and I have a metallica otherwise I have all sorts. Most of them are on my thread Enn's bunch.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yes it was him that got me interested. When he got the vittata she won me over so I bought an OBT and the obsession grew :)

Kara

3 Year Member
That's so cool! I was looking at getting an OBT, I saw the pic of yours she's beautiful.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
She is but I hardly ever see her. At least with her being so bright when she does appear she's easy to spot.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hello. Welcome aboard. Pokies are gorgeous T's once you feel you have the hang to this whole Tarantula thing.....

They are fast and can be ferocious so make sure you know what you are signing on for. Well worth it though.

Kara

3 Year Member
Mine just seems to pace the top of the tank a lot hasn't threatened to bite while I cleaned the tank since I've gotten her. I definitely see what you mean by high string though.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Mine just seems to pace the top of the tank a lot hasn't threatened to bite while I cleaned the tank since I've gotten her. I definitely see what you mean by high string though.
Like pokies, H.macs will usually just bolt when startled. However they're less predictable than pokies IMO. What I meant is that they're more likely to bite when annoyed than a pokie. Neither is as confrontational or mean as S.calcaetum though.

Latest posts