• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi. New keeper here...

Umbra

3 Year Member
Hi guys.

I'm glad I could find a forum that is easy to navigate. Other forums are way too hard to navigate :( .

I joined here because I have a lot of questions about these awesome creatures and their keeping, Probably some... Huh, let's just say, "off" questions about them too, yet still on topic though.

I am 18 now. I got my first T about 3 weeks ago, and since then I got 2 others, in the following order:

1: Brachypelma Albopilosum
2:Brachypelma Sabulosum
3: And a Lasiodora Parahybana (I totally didn't just look up this last one's scientific name... :D )

They are all slings, except the bird-eater, which I think might be about a few months to a year old, being about 5 or 6 inches in length.

Thanks for letting me join the forums :)

Edit: I made a little mistake in the beginning of my post since I was preoccupied, but eh, I fixed it, lol. (it was about a forum in South Africa which I crossed with this one, if you are curious.)

Last edited:

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Haha, yeah, I actually had it crossed over with another forum I was looking at and typing to at the same time, I apologize for that :) but I fixed that part of my intro :D
No problem brother, this is the friendliest forum around, we don't act superior, or snippy, and you're actually talking to the worst of us right now ;) I occasionally get hammered and rant about things, but everyone else is very cool :)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi Umbra, welcome to the hobby. There's almost always someone around on here to help so any questions, just ask :)

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome to the boards and don't be afraid to ask anything, we all started somewhere and probably had the same questions ;)

Umbra

3 Year Member
Hi Umbra, welcome to the hobby. There's almost always someone around on here to help so any questions, just ask :)

Thanks :) Aye, everyone here honestly looks like some of the best mannered people I have seen in a long time on any kind of forum. I love it when a community helps each other and do so with a smile :)

|
Welcome to the boards and don't be afraid to ask anything, we all started somewhere and probably had the same questions ;)

Thanks guys, I appreciate the welcomes :) I will definitely try to not be shy to ask anything if it means I can better care for my spiders :)

Redacted

3 Year Member
Hi guys.

I'm glad I could find a forum that is easy to navigate. Other forums are way too hard to navigate :( .

I joined here because I have a lot of questions about these awesome creatures and their keeping, Probably some... Huh, let's just say, "off" questions about them too, yet still on topic though.

I am 18 now. I got my first T about 3 weeks ago, and since then I got 2 others, in the following order:

1: Brachypelma Albopilosum
2:Brachypelma Sabulosum
3: And a Lasiodora Parahybana (I totally didn't just look up this last one's scientific name... :D )

They are all slings, except the bird-eater, which I think might be about a few months to a year old, being about 5 or 6 inches in length.

Thanks for letting me join the forums :)

Edit: I made a little mistake in the beginning of my post since I was preoccupied, but eh, I fixed it, lol. (it was about a forum in South Africa which I crossed with this one, if you are curious.)
Welcome Umbra. A friendly and informative site. T-keeping's addictive.