• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi Everyone

plessey

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi folks

I'm plessey. I've kept tarantulas for 10 years now and I'm happy to help anyone with any questions if I can.

donna

3 Year Member
wow , 125, 150 we have 5 , although i can see in a few years time when our kids leave home how easy it would be to turn a spare room into a tarantula room
:)

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi Plessey, welcome to the forum! How long have you been in the hobby?

plessey

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
wow , 125, 150 we have 5 , although i can see in a few years time when our kids leave home how easy it would be to turn a spare room into a tarantula room
:)

That's the problem, once you have a dedicated tarantula room it soon gets filled. I used to have about 350 tarantulas in mine which would easily creep over the 1000 mark when some of them dropped sacs. However once you get to those kind of numbers it becomes a chore rather than a fun hobby and you can lose interest very quickly.

Hi Plessey, welcome to the forum! How long have you been in the hobby?

Thanks. I started in November 2002 when I got an "adult female" G. porteri that moulted a month later into a mature male :rolleyes: