• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi Enn!

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member
Seems like every time I turn on this Forum, you're here. Ye gads, lady! Do you never sleep? Thought you might be interested in a picture of my babies:

leopard tortoise babies 7-26-17.jpg

So far 15 have hatched and there are still two clutches in the incubator (some have pipped).

I don't know anything about the Ts. Do people raise them, or just keep them as pets?

I'm off to the other forums' spammers, but I'll be back here in an hour or so.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi Yvonne. I'm on most days from 11am BST to 1.30am BST, I tend to leave the forum open in the background so I can keep checking what's going on.

I used to breed snakes (I had over 200 at one point) and always loved the moment you peek into the incubator and see those little faces peeking out at the world for the first time.

Some on here breed their Ts although I don't, mine are just pets. I bought a jumping spider last year and she produced an unexpected sac on Christmas Day. I kept 2 of her babies and I'm so glad I did although one died I still have her daughter. Sadly, the original mum died after producing 2 more sacs and I lost all the babies from the 2nd and 3rd sacs. That was my one and only breeding of arachnids experience.

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member
I know nothing about spiders, and really don't like many of them, with two exceptions - the tiny jumping spiders ( I think they are so cute!), and those big brown spiders one finds in the wood pile. I just love that mama carries all those babies around on her body. I can watch her for hours.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I was terrified of all spiders until my son got a T 4 years ago and I realised how fascinating they are. I decided to get one in the hope it would help me get over my fear and now I have 70+. The strange thing is that it doesn't scare me if they choose to walk over my hand and yet I still don't like spiders on the loose in the house although I'm not as bad as I was. Sadly we don't have wild Ts in the UK, I'd love to be able to watch them in their own environment.

Before I started keeping snakes I almost bought a turtle, out local reptile shop had such a sweet little one that flipped over and waved its legs to get attention, a little show off.

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Yvonne G : does the big brown spider in the wood pile look like my avatar??
The last argument my wife and I had relates to the Wolfies. There was one in my house. My wife wanted me to kill it. Not only did I refuse, I protected it so it could run free in my house. (They can only eat pests and they don't make webs). Needless to say, my wife wasn't happy with me.

BTW: thanks for all you do for TF. Nice to have someone smart protecting us from trolls.:):):):T::T:

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member
YES!!!!! It's nice to know her name. It kills me when I accidentally disturb a mama and all her babies head for the hills. I so hope they all find their way back to her.

You're welcome. I've been able to cue in on several groups of IPs and ban them. This has cut down an awful lot on the spammers joining the Forum. (But I don't know how smart that makes me. . . it's just the repetition of doing it over and over and finally getting it beat into my brain!)

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
YES!!!!! It's nice to know her name. It kills me when I accidentally disturb a mama and all her babies head for the hills. I so hope they all find their way back to her.

You're welcome. I've been able to cue in on several groups of IPs and ban them. This has cut down an awful lot on the spammers joining the Forum. (But I don't know how smart that makes me. . . it's just the repetition of doing it over and over and finally getting it beat into my brain!)

Do you own a tarantula? They're awesome.