• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hey

sasspants

3 Year Member
Hi all. Introducing myself here, the name's Chelsea. A lover of all eight-legged things, I am a proud owner of a G. Porteri (Chilean Rose) called Manson, and a beautiful P. Murinus (Orange Baboon) called Bundy. Feel free to chat! [emoji4]

sasspants

3 Year Member
Thanks!
Your sketch is awesome, I love art and seeing yours has made me want to sit and draw my babies too haha. And your GBB is beautiful, how long have you had him/her?
Cheers guys :)

NYX

3 Year Member
Thank you Sass! An unseen benefit of keeping Ts for me is that they are the perfect sketch models. My GBB turned out male he had his ultimate molt a few days ago. Sad I wont be able to cherish him for years and years. But he is still mesmerizing to look at. I purchased him unsexed last november.

NYX

3 Year Member
Have been thinking of doing youtube, but I want to get a proper camera first.
I have a video of my rosea's first meal after molting.

I have a bunch of photos of the GBB though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18

sasspants

3 Year Member
He's a stunning colour, such a beautiful species. I've been considering getting a GBB for a while now, what's his set up like? Sorry for all the questions haha, don't mean to interrogate you!
And yeah I'm in the same boat, I need a better camera but they're so expensive for a decent kind.

NYX

3 Year Member
They are semi arboreal and prolific webers so very cool to have. My set up is about two inches of eco earth, water dish, a cork bark round that he loves, and a fake plant. Good to give them stuff to anchor their webs on. Dry arid species from Venezuela. Currently still in the molt craddle he made.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,003.9 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi all. Introducing myself here, the name's Chelsea. A lover of all eight-legged things, I am a proud owner of a G. Porteri (Chilean Rose) called Manson, and a beautiful P. Murinus (Orange Baboon) called Bundy. Feel free to chat! [emoji4]
Gonna keep all ur spiders with the serial killer name motif? :) lol

sasspants

3 Year Member
How hard is it to get your hands on a GBB? I'm interested in P. Metallicas and bird eater species too tbh.

Haha Entity, I named my first Manson after Marilyn Manson but everyone I worked with assumed it was Charles Manson I'd named him after, so my partner suggested we just have a running theme. And of course you can't forget Gein!

NYX

3 Year Member
I am pretty sure they are easy to find in the US. I know petcenter has slings for sale. The bird eaters are awesome! I recently acquired Lasiodora parahybana slings and an ancanthosccuria geniculata. Fiesty buggers and they get massive!

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
How hard is it to get your hands on a GBB? I'm interested in P. Metallicas and bird eater species too tbh.

Haha Entity, I named my first Manson after Marilyn Manson but everyone I worked with assumed it was Charles Manson I'd named him after, so my partner suggested we just have a running theme. And of course you can't forget Gein!
ok well keep me posted on which one ends up with the name gein. gotta be one that wants to keeps its skin when its done molting.lol

sasspants

3 Year Member
Yeah I usually buy from the spider shop online and they have lots of interesting slings :D Spiders are very addictive haha

Latest posts