• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

hey there!

Atx13

3 Year Member
Figured id say hello, and post a few pics of my A.Avic, and her set up, ive only had her for 3 days, and have been letting her adjust to her new home, before handling her.
This is my only T at the moment, in the past I've owned around 25 different species, and had about 60 in total, I had to part with my collection, I've been out of the hobby for about 5 years.
WP_000172.jpg
WP_000174.jpg

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Very nice, but you'll want to get her out of the KK. they're horrible enclosures for tropical Ts.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
why is that? sorry, I've been out of the hobby for awhile :-/..

It's damn near impossible to keep heat or humidity in em. Unless the KK itself is contained in a controlled enviroment.
Tanks , and KK just don't work. A food storage bin is much better. just drill holes in the side. There are some very clear ones available.

Atx13

3 Year Member
thats what i figured, getting a new setup together as we speak, hopefully shes not to upset with me about another change.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I got our T (A. avic as well) from someone that was keeping her in a huge 10 gallon tank with bone dry substrate and cricket gel for a water source, I ended up having to move Karina once to clean out the tank she came in (because I hadn't gotten a new one set up yet) and then into her final enclosure once I did get it set up a few days later. She's adjusted really well, and seems much more at ease now, the double move didn't seem to affect her much at all, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Also, because she's an arboreal species, you want to get an enclosure for her that is more horizontal than vertical and make sure she has something to climb on :) I used a piece of drift wood and then just added some silk plants/flowers from the dollar store.

Your girl is a nice looking spider :) Welcome to the site and back to the hobby!

Latest posts