• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hey Guys!

Youlovejordan

3 Year Member
My name is Jordan, I'm new to the forum. I have one pet tarantula and his name is Pierre. I'm thinking about getting another one so Pierre won't be bored. I'm still undecided. ;)

jetfire

3 Year Member
What species is Pierre? My DaNae is a Mexican fireleg,B. Boehmei. She's around 10-12 months old, just molted Sunday. The pics I have of her are too big to load on here.my profile pic is the same species, but its just a random google pic.

Shaina

3 Year Member
Hi Jordan! My name is Shaina and I just joined the forum today. I introduced my tarantulas under the General Discussion Forum where you asked about our tarantulas' names. I have 4 of them and at one point before I went to college I had 13! I absolutely love tarantulas and while I am experienced I would by no mean call myself an expert but I may be able to answer a few questions you might have and I hope to get as much input from other members on here as well! :)

Brina916

3 Year Member
Hi everyone, my name is Sabrina. I am new to keeping Ts and I think I am addicted lol. I went from never really having an interest in them to now having 9! I look forward to learning as much as I can about Ts and since I have had them it has encouraged me to save up for a better camera to take some decent pictures!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello Sabrina - welcome to TF! Nice that you already have 9! I can't wait to see some photos of them! They ARE addicting!

BigOtto

3 Year Member
New to this forum but not keeping T's or the other T forums. I currently have 9 tarantulas and I'm looking to add more (I have 8 empty enclosures to fill). Species I'm looking at to fill those empty enclosures B. auratum, E. olivacea, M. balfouri, and P. murinus.

My current list of T's.
  1. L:. parahybana 8.5" female
  2. C. cyaneopubescens 6-6.5" female
  3. P. ornata 4" juv female
  4. P. subfusca 2.5" juv female
  5. P. regalis 2.5" juv
  6. B. emilia MM 5"
  7. B. emilia MM 5"
  8. G. Pulchripes 2" juv
  9. B. albopilosum 1/4" sling

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello BigOtto and Welcome aboard! That's quite the list of animals! How long have you been keeping T's for? What other forums are you a part of?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Right on! Well, hopefully this site will become just as useful of a resource as those great sites are!

Youlovejordan

3 Year Member
I have a Mexican Red Knee and he is 16 months. He's a little feisty but I love him because he matches my personality. They are such fun pets to have around! If you've seen my other posts you'd see that I'm in the process of teaching him more tricks but for now we're learning how to shake hands (and legs) :D

Shaina

3 Year Member
Mexican Red Knees have to be my favorite species of T. My first tarantula was a red knee and she's the reason I fell in love with Ts in the first place. I had her for 2 years before she was unfortunately knocked off of my shelf by my cat and stepped on by my dog while I was out of the house. I was very sad and it was hard to lose her but I can't wait to get another Red Knee for sure they have a very wonderful disposition and are beautiful in full color :)

Youlovejordan

3 Year Member
Wow, that's sad. My red knee is also my first tarantula. They are quite lively and playful. Your cat and dog are horrible for double teaming your red knee like that. :(

Shaina

3 Year Member
Yeah the dog didn't do it intentionally...my cat totally did though...you see she didn't just knock Charlotte down, she knocked down my other 5 tarantulas 3 of which were slings so of course I never found them and the other 2 I found dead later with missing appendages :/ she was just hungry I guess but on a happier note Dibella kind of reminds me of Charlotte as far as personality goes :)

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
That is an awful thing to come home too! :( sorry that happened to you
Sounds like you're getting back into it slowly though and keeping the cat away now! :);)

Latest posts