• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hexagonal Aquariums

user 666

3 Year Member
I didn't see these mentioned anywhere so i thought it would be worth my time to speak up and share a mixed review of 3.5G hexagonal aquariums.

I got two of them used in good condition. I have a Curly Hair and a Chilean Rose in them, and i am in the process of setting up replacement enclosures.

The tanks are large for their footprint and are about as tall as they are wide. The dimensions could be good for an arboreal but it's not so great for terrestrial tarantulas because most of the volume is wasted. Furthermore, they did not come with lids so instead I have square pieces of cut glass on top which have to be weighed down hardback books (the curly hair escaped).

Frankly, my setup doesn't look very attractive, the edges of the glass lids are sharp, and the heavy books are a nuisance. i can't wait to upgrade to something simpler, perhaps a storage tote with a clamped lid.

Latest posts