• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Heterometrus petersii

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I bought 2 Heterometrus petersi (2nd instar) for my son's birthday tomorrow but sadly only one survived the journey. It's currently burrowing under the piece of wood.
DSCF5768 (2).JPG

Last edited:

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Aw hellz....postal service just sux everywhere. Sorry hun...were they expensive?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Aw hellz....postal service just sux everywhere. Sorry hun...were they expensive?

I paid £6 each for them, that's $8.40 to you, so no not too expensive. I'll get my son another when I next order some containers, then they come by 24 hour courier..

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The one that survived the trip is doing really well and has eaten everything it has been offered. A replacement for the dead scorp is now with @LC72uk who will send it up to me in the next few days. My son has named them Tic and Tac.

Some new pics of Tic
DSCF5811.JPG

DSCF5825 (2).JPG

Last edited:

Telson

3 Year Member
The one that survived the trip is doing really well and has eaten everything it has been offered. A replacement for the dead scorp is now with @LC72uk who will send it up to me in the next few days. My son has named them Tic and Tac.

Some new pics of Tic

Beautiful:) Scorplings are fantastic, they eat like Lps though, every species ive ever seen..especially buthids. My cyaneus seemed to be doing well and two more died mysteriously..scorpion slings seem rather more delicate and care intensive than spider slings...

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thank you. My son has already had to remove the pieces of wood because they kept going mouldy even though they'd had boiling water poured over them then thoroughly dried.
The replacement should be here tomorrow so I'll post pictures then.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
In still trying to talk my son into letting me get one lol I got over my fear of spiders he can get over his scorp fear.

Just get one, he'll soon find them as interesting as Ts.