• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help needed

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
Hi all, ive not been on for a while, but i could really do with some ideas.
My father in law died on tuesday after a long battle with cancer. His son, my brother in law is due to get married this summer and i know that its going to be really hard not having his dad there. Nothing could come close to having my father in law there on the day but the rest of the family are trying to think of a gift we could get him for his wedding day that will offer him some comfort and sort of pay tribute to his dad. Ive searched the net high and low but found nothing yet. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Could you get a rose tree with either his dad's name or something connected to him?

VanessaS

3 Year Member
I just recently had a good friend move to Oakland and we did that for him. Photos of all of us together at events and stuff. He loved it. It wasn't cheap to do, but it is something that people often react well to.
I'm sorry for your loss.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
What'd he love to do? a friend of mine honored his step father with a statue of a guy fishing, added a plaque at the bottom saying in memory of the name and a fishing quote he was fond of below that.

Maybe do something like that.