• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello

tarantulaguy1994

3 Year Member
My name is Kolby, I have to tarantula and have been keeping tarantula for 3 years now.
I am wanting to get 3 more in about a month, let me know what you think I should get.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi Kolby. As for what to get next - it depends on what you like, ie colour, pattern or personality, arboreal or ground, webbers or tunnelers.

My choices would be:-
Oligoxystre diamantinensis - Arboreal but a heavy webber, mine is amazingly placid spending most of its time right at the top of the container but it stays still when I open it. Stunning colours. Picture of mine in my avatar.
Brachypelma albopilosum - Ground dwellers that will burrow as slings
Holothele incei - A dwarf T that will reach around 2''. Very heavy webbers that will fill their container with web tunnels.

They're all great feeders.

tarantulaguy1994

3 Year Member
They all sound great, I know one the ones I want for sure is a P. mirnus, and I was looking between the B. albopilosum and B. smithi for another one of them.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I take it you mean P. murinus the famed OBT. Many people will try to put you off because of their bad reputation. My first T was an OBT bought as a juvi female and if I'm lucky I see her legs about once a month and the whole of her a couple of times a year. I've never seen any signs of either aggression or defence, she is more likely to run into hiding. It doesn't mean I don't keep in mind what she is capable of though.

Both B. albopilosum and B. smithi are great Ts.

Therasoid

3 Year Member
My name is Kolby, I have to tarantula and have been keeping tarantula for 3 years now.
I am wanting to get 3 more in about a month, let me know what you think I should get.
First, before I make any suggestions, what species are you currently caring for?

Fleas

3 Year Member
In my collection my b vagan is awesome it digs just as much as my b albopilosum but it webs more it tumbles when it tackles it food and lot more colorful and about the same price as a b albopilosum. Its my favorite one in my collection ps I don't know if all b vagan are like that or just mine but IMO there great

Latest posts