• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello

amho4585

3 Year Member
Hello. My name is Amanda. Currently, I have a rose hair tarantula named Charlotte. She was a rescue. Unfortunately, she was in pretty bad shape when I first got her. But, I am happy to say that she is very resilient and is in excellent health. Here is a picture of her now. She has a steady supply of crickets as well as mealworms. I intend to buy a Ecuadorian Purple Tree, Peruvian Purple Pink Toe, and Malaysian Blue Femur, which is what brings me to this forum. If there is anyone that has a care sheet for a Malaysian Blue Femur (Coremiocnemis brachyramosa), please let me know. I realize these are new to the tarantula world, but before I buy one, I want to know all about it first. It will be a sling when I buy it. I just want his or her conditions just right, so he or she will flourish. I have found a lot of information on the Singapore Blue, but they are not quite the same as the Malaysian Blue Femur. Please help! Thank you so much in advance.

Attachments

• 2013-03-15_18-49-13_64.jpg
    2013-03-15_18-49-13_64.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
WTTB
Brachyramosa are pretty easy. just give them deep moist (not wet) substrate , and keep em warm (high 70s low 80s)

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the forum :). As many of the other tarantula keepers in the group will tell you, it is highly recommended that you pick up a copy of "The Tarantula Keeper's Guide" by Stan Shultz. I bought my copy off of Amazon for $15, but Im sure you could find it in some bookstores as well. It has a ton of info, not only on specific species, but on the biology, natural history, care and husbandry of tarantulas in general. I found it to be quite useful and an interesting read. Well worth the money in my opinion. I hope that helps!

Latest posts