• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello, tarantula lovers

Marija

3 Year Member
So my G pulchripes molted yesterday... It all went fine aaaand it turned out to be male. I'm not disappointed but was kind of hoping for a female :D ...
So now I want to find a female G pulchripes but no one in Croatia seems to have it... Well crap...

Marija

3 Year Member
Thankyou, what is the side walls made of? Does ventilation come in when opened or is there another way. Neat idea.
The sides are made with come non toxic constructional mass (I don't know how is it called in English) and covered with tiny aquarium stones. I don't think he made any ventilation holes, I think he just opens the drawers every once in a while. I would have added some fake plants maybe lo liven the enclosure up a bit but the coffee table is a great idea.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So my G pulchripes molted yesterday... It all went fine aaaand it turned out to be male. I'm not disappointed but was kind of hoping for a female :D ...
So now I want to find a female G pulchripes but no one in Croatia seems to have it... Well crap...
If you have no joy finding him a lady friend than all anyone can do is keep loving them ☺

Marija

3 Year Member
If you have no joy finding him a lady friend than all anyone can do is keep loving them ☺
I'll love him whether he has a lady friend or not. I decided to name him Lucifer, nicknamed Luci :)
My little devil :D
IMG_2420.JPG

Marija

3 Year Member
Guys, sorry if I'm bothering you with questions but what the hell are those? Are those tiny white bugs little flies in the water? I have those in both my terrariums and it annoys me a lot. How can I get rid of those? One terrarium has dry substrate and one a little more wet, not a lot. Recently I changed the substrate in my parahybana terrarium because od the little flies and put a completely new substrate...

IMG_2570.JPG

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have had these too. tend to be on the surface of water. when you shine a light they tend to group together. I don't know what they are but suspect some kind of insect larvae. I usually empty the water dish regularly and clean the sub and they then tend to go away after a whike f you take away the larvae. I am sorry but I don't know how harmful they may be.

Marija

3 Year Member
I have had these too. tend to be on the surface of water. when you shine a light they tend to group together. I don't know what they are but suspect some kind of insect larvae. I usually empty the water dish regularly and clean the sub and they then tend to go away after a whike f you take away the larvae. I am sorry but I don't know how harmful they may be.
Yup, that's it. It's the first time I see those. I remove the leftovers from the food right away so that shouldn't be a problem. Your advice would be to change the substrate then?

Marija

3 Year Member
I googled a bit and it seems those are springtails. Aren't those used for cleaning the terrarium?

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If your sure they are springtails then no worries. Never had any so I can't honestly help.

Marija

3 Year Member
If your sure they are springtails then no worries. Never had any so I can't honestly help.
Looks like they are and that they actually help to get rid of mold. I'll clean the water bowl and try to clean the surface of the substrate and see what happens.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yup, that's it. It's the first time I see those. I remove the leftovers from the food right away so that shouldn't be a problem. Your advice would be to change the substrate then?
Not if you had already done that. coir is susually ok so depends what you are using if not that.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Looks like they are and that they actually help to get rid of mold. I'll clean the water bowl and try to clean the surface of the substrate and see what happens.
If they are sp ringtail then I have probably taken away something that will do more good than bad then.....lol

Marija

3 Year Member
If they are sp ringtail then I have probably taken away something that will do more good than bad then.....lol
After looking at some photos it really looks they are. As long as it doesn't hurt the tarantula I'm ok :) but as I see they multiply really fast so I better keep an eye on them.

Latest posts