• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello, spider people

LC72uk

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Will I still need to use a heat mat? Sorry for all the Qs

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Don`t be !.
How warm is the room you`ll be keeping T in, I use heat mats for over night if the room Temp drops below 73F but generally in my lounge it never drops below 75F, but you will need a thermostat to regulate the heat, don`t use mat without one. This time of year in UK, should be fine without heat mat use.

Stacey Ryan

3 Year Member
Don`t be !.
How warm is the room you`ll be keeping T in, I use heat mats for over night if the room Temp drops below 73F but generally in my lounge it never drops below 75F, but you will need a thermostat to regulate the heat, don`t use mat without one. This time of year in UK, should be fine without heat mat use.
I will be keeping him in my bedroom. It stays pretty warm in there. And if the house temp drops to 22c then the heating comes on

Stacey Ryan

3 Year Member
I will be keeping him in my bedroom. It stays pretty warm in there. And if the house temp drops to 22c then the heating comes on

How long is the little guy going to be ok in this? I've got the substrate in the oven now
c7f129e3c700086ab2ab28b47387a358.jpg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
How long is the little guy going to be ok in this? I've got the substrate in the oven now
c7f129e3c700086ab2ab28b47387a358.jpg

I've had them in the post for 10 days in one of those vials and they've been fine

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
How does this look?
372f5eebe970d6ff98ef5620a795b3d6.jpg

That looks great but it might be a good idea to add more substrate so that if it climbs the side and falls it can't fall too far and hurt itself.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That looks better. He/she looks gorgeous :). Congratulations on your first and may it be the first of many.

Latest posts