• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello Everyone

Pasodama

3 Year Member
Hi all,

Am new, to this forum, and figured I would go ahead and introduce myself.
My name is Deb.
Am a reptile/snake breeder-keeper who is also into tarantulas/arachnids.

I, currently, have nine tarantulas ... and want more of them. :D

Also, have a grass spider who has set up residence, and is overwintering, under the TV in my bathroom.
She is, of course, not a pet but I have let her remain there and have been taking care of her.
Probably the best fed grass spider, anywhere, during this winter. LoL

Will be nice to interact with others who also have a love for these amazing creatures that we call tarantulas.:)

Pasodama

3 Year Member
Thank you, both, for the welcome.:)

I currently have:
0.0.2 Avicularia amazonica,
0.0.2 Avicularia sooretama,
0.0.2 Brachypelma baumgarteni,
0.0.2 Pterinopelma sazimai,
0.0.1 Tapinauchenius sp. Colombia.

Looking, right now, to add another one, two, or three.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ooo, nice collection. By the way we also like to see pictures of others Ts :)

Pasodama

3 Year Member
Ooo, nice collection. By the way we also like to see pictures of others Ts :)

Thanks.
I really like looking at pics as well.;)
Will see if I can take some pics when I have an extra moment.
Mostly have "babies" and the pics may have to be cell phone pics (instead of regular camera). Which means the pics may not be all that they could be. Hopefully good though.

Pasodama

3 Year Member
Hi and welcome. What sorts of herps do you breed??

Thanks.:)

Herps, that I breed, are Gargoyle geckos, Crested geckos, Ball Pythons, Nic Boas, California kings, Florida kings, Cornsnakes, and Baird's ratsnakes.
On a break, right now, and will resume breeding this next season (this year).

Also keep Kenyan Sand boa, Amazon Tree boa, Children's python (red phase), Andean milksnakes, and Gartersnakes.

Used to have other snake species, other geckos, and Bearded dragons, but ended up cutting my collection down to one third, or less, of what I used to have.
That said, I may end up adding a few different herps/species in the near future. Just don't want to have as large of a collection as I once had.:eek:LoL

Also breed fancy mice and Pygmy mice.

~~

Redacted

3 Year Member
Thanks.:)

Herps, that I breed, are Gargoyle geckos, Crested geckos, Ball Pythons, Nic Boas, California kings, Florida kings, Cornsnakes, and Baird's ratsnakes.
On a break, right now, and will resume breeding this next season (this year).

Also keep Kenyan Sand boa, Amazon Tree boa, Children's python (red phase), Andean milksnakes, and Gartersnakes.

Used to have other snake species, other geckos, and Bearded dragons, but ended up cutting my collection down to one third, or less, of what I used to have.
That said, I may end up adding a few different herps/species in the near future. Just don't want to have as large of a collection as I once had.:eek:LoL

Also breed fancy mice and Pygmy mice.

~~
Very very neat.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome to TF. I feel less weird knowing im not the only one who feeds wild truespiders in their home:) I currently have a cellar spider in the corner of my shower and a wolf spider behind my couch. :)

Pasodama

3 Year Member
Welcome to TF. I feel less weird knowing im not the only one who feeds wild truespiders in their home:) I currently have a cellar spider in the corner of my shower and a wolf spider behind my couch. :)

Hello and Thanks all.:)

Very cool! Glad to hear I am not alone, in this, too.
Not something weird as far as I am concerned. Although I am sure there are those that would think us weird. LoL

I have 5 more Ts coming, soon, and am very excited about that.:)

~~

Pearl Dusenbery

3 Year Member
Hi all,

Am new, to this forum, and figured I would go ahead and introduce myself.
My name is Deb.
Am a reptile/snake breeder-keeper who is also into tarantulas/arachnids.

I, currently, have nine tarantulas ... and want more of them. :D

Also, have a grass spider who has set up residence, and is overwintering, under the TV in my bathroom.
She is, of course, not a pet but I have let her remain there and have been taking care of her.
Probably the best fed grass spider, anywhere, during this winter. LoL

Will be nice to interact with others who also have a love for these amazing creatures that we call tarantulas.:)

Welcome to the group Deb. We don't call it an addiction on here for no reason. Lol. "T's are like potato chips, you can't have just one"!!!! I also use that quote for horses pigs chickens and fish. Keeps hubby from getting upset at me over my menagerie. Lmao. I have a regular petting zoo.
Always glad to have someone new with new insights and opinions on the forum. I have found everyone here to be VERY helpful and I hope u will too.

Pasodama

3 Year Member
Welcome to the group Deb. We don't call it an addiction on here for no reason. Lol. "T's are like potato chips, you can't have just one"!!!! I also use that quote for horses pigs chickens and fish. Keeps hubby from getting upset at me over my menagerie. Lmao. I have a regular petting zoo.
Always glad to have someone new with new insights and opinions on the forum. I have found everyone here to be VERY helpful and I hope u will too.

Thanks Pearl & Marija.:)

You are so right, Pearl. Like potato chips.:D With all the critters, here, I am so glad that the hubby is a codependent to my critter addiction. LoL

Pearl Dusenbery

3 Year Member
Thanks Pearl & Marija.:)

You are so right, Pearl. Like potato chips.:D With all the critters, here, I am so glad that the hubby is a codependent to my critter addiction. LoL

I wish mine was. My addiction would be much more satisfying if he would just cooperate and let me have as many animals as I want. He claims we don't have room for cows but we have 5 acres. I'm sure I can stuff them somewhere :rolleyes:

Pasodama

3 Year Member
I wish mine was. My addiction would be much more satisfying if he would just cooperate and let me have as many animals as I want. He claims we don't have room for cows but we have 5 acres. I'm sure I can stuff them somewhere :rolleyes:

Oh, yes, where there is a will, there is a way.
Am sure it wouldn't be too difficult to hide some cows.;)