• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Heating for B. Boehmei

Puck

3 Year Member
What kind of heating would I need for my T? The daytime temps in my country range between 83F to 85F and nighttime temps from 80F to 83F. I always use my A/C though and I keep the thermostat at 60F which does keep my room quite cool. At the moment she's inside a 1.5 litre food tub which I keep in the hallway to avoid getting Elise (my T) cold. Eventually though I want to transfer her to a 37 litre tank. Maybe then I can set up a proper heating system for her. In our current situation, what is the best way to keep her up to temp?

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
rule of thumb, if your comfy in the room in a tshirt they'll be fine. I keep mine from 75-82 year round, on really cold winter days that might drop down to 73 or so.

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
Most Ts are are actually capable of handling and living in crazier temperatures than most people think. Like K said, if ur comfy, she is comfy. I wouldn't freeze her out of course, but don't put a heat pad or heat lamp on the enclosure. If u are having trouble keeping a room or area warm enuff for a T, u can buy one if those tiny $10-$20 mini space heaters. BUT if u do, keep it a ways away to heat the room itself...not the enclosure. The ambient temp will transfer to the Ts home.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I wouldnt keep one at 60 F..It wont kill it, but it wont be comfortable. Id just set my a/c to 72 and turn it off when Im not in the room. That way they get some warmer temps, which encourages growth and active appetites. I'd leave a fan on though for air circulation.