• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Has this ever happened to anyone of you?

Matt<3Ts

3 Year Member
It's unbelievable this happened in just few hours. Should I remove these ASAP?
070f1ac9fd87f7683de2c72fda48d691.jpg

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well yes...what type of an enclosure is it? Seems a bit overly moist with the garden you have coming in..

timc

3 Year Member
Double check me on this but you might have to go total rehouse. I believe the fungal spores can do some pretty serious harm to spiders.

Matt<3Ts

3 Year Member
This is the enclosure for my P. Fasciata. Yes I admit that the substrate underneath the water dish is a lil too moist mainly because my Fasciata webbed up a wall of substrate that connects the cork bark and water dish. I think I should just mount the water dish on the wall of the enclosure instead of putting it on the subs. Got no problem with all the others including my two regalis enclosures as they dont diy that much and didn't dump in subs into their water dish lol

Matt<3Ts

3 Year Member
@timc I'm not sure if the spores are bad for ts but no risk is allowed for sure. Will do it tomorrow as it's now midnight here. Thanks for your advice!

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
Don't Kno if you have one, but I mount a water dish about 3/4 the way up, on one of the sides, so the T can drink up high. That way, if my Ts web or dirt up the substrate water dish, the higher one is always there.
At least you have a topping fur your pizza now

Matt<3Ts

3 Year Member
Thanks for the response guys, really appreciate that. I have just cleaned up the enclosure and replaced the subs. Because of the shape of the water dish, I can't really mount it on the side, will get another one and replace this soon.
9a9775a775a51afdf6404417bc2d7e82.jpg

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
Thanks for the response guys, really appreciate that. I have just cleaned up the enclosure and replaced the subs. Because of the shape of the water dish, I can't really mount it on the side, will get another one and replace this soon.
9a9775a775a51afdf6404417bc2d7e82.jpg
I use Gatorade lids as water dishes to mount up high on the glass. They're big enough for a drink and they mount flush on the side