• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Haplopelma something another part 2

Atx13

3 Year Member
Well... I have a serious soft spot for Haplopelmas, and if they keep getting them, I'm gonna keep buying them... lol
Here is my newest addition a Haplopelma(I assume this is the real Longipes)
Labeled as a "Thai Tiger" at the pet shop. I suck at taking pictures, and my girlfriend won't take one until the little one is settled( he/she is "Teleporting" and throwing threat displays like we stole something from 'em)
WP_000393.jpg
WP_000390.jpg

Atx13

3 Year Member
This little one is becoming my favorite for sure, finally let me get the deli cup out of her home.. and attacked her leaf after I took it out:p, has calmed down some but is still pretty annoyed.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sadly it looks like she will be my first haplopelma to become a pet hole as well...
Well, you know what these super models are like. Try putting a red carpet in for her, she might enjoy strutting up and down on it. If not , she will still put in guest appearances occasionally

Atx13

3 Year Member
Well, you know what these super models are like. Try putting a red carpet in for her, she might enjoy strutting up and down on it. If not , she will still put in guest appearances occasionally
if i try an put anything in her cage besides a cricket, i might be filling out my second bite report ;)
Hands down the fastest(well maybe second) T i've interacted with.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
if i try an put anything in her cage besides a cricket, i might be filling out my second bite report ;)
omg, don't want that! I've never been bitten by a t but my horse has ripped lumps out of loads of people ( we think his castration was bodged he is very stallion like and attacks dogs, cats, pigeons, humans, and two big rubber horse toys hanging outside his stable. )

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Which species did you get bit by?

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
omg, don't want that! I've never been bitten by a t but my horse has ripped lumps out of loads of people ( we think his castration was bodged he is very stallion like and attacks dogs, cats, pigeons, humans, and two big rubber horse toys hanging outside his stable. )
Your horse sounds like quite the character lol.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Your horse sounds like quite the character lol.
God, he is a nutcase. I have ridden over five hundred horses in my career and never met one like him, I saw him chase a helicopter across the field once, he ripped one of his shoes off in the pursuit. I'm expecting to see him on crime watch or wildest police chases one day.

Atx13

3 Year Member
Oww I bet it was painful tho.
i expected far worse, after reading some of the OW bite reports on the web.
I ran a low grade fever(never above 101 degrees), the bite area(my left index finger) was pretty stiff, and itched.. and i had a slightly upset stomach.
All of that lasted about 12 hours or so, I took 2 benadryl and a 4 regular asprin right after the fact.
The day after my finger was still pretty sore, but all other effects of the bite had passed.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
i expected far worse, after reading some of the OW bite reports on the web.
I ran a low grade fever(never above 101 degrees), the bite area(my left index finger) was pretty stiff, and itched.. and i had a slightly upset stomach.
All of that lasted about 12 hours or so, I took 2 benadryl and a 4 regular asprin right after the fact.
The day after my finger was still pretty sore, but all other effects of the bite had passed.
Spiteful little thing. That sounds painful enough.

Atx13

3 Year Member
Spiteful little thing. That sounds painful enough.
even after the fact, I was more worried I hurt her..I kind of jumped.. But the whole incident was my fault, i stuck my hand near her webbing and she was just defending her home..

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
even after the fact, I was more worried I hurt her..I kind of jumped.. But the whole incident was my fault, i stuck my hand near her webbing and she was just defending her home..
They can be touchy, I don't go for stroppy ts, I can see the appeal, they are beautiful and challenging but not my idea of fun, I like cute and sweet.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I like them all, docile to bitey.. lol
I might broaden my horizons in the new year, depends what is in the shops who looks like they need a home. The bad tempered ones seem unhappy to me, there was one in the shop biting its water bowl, looked like a total savage maybe they are the ones who need a home and shop life don't agree with them.

Atx13

3 Year Member
I might broaden my horizons in the new year, depends what is in the shops who looks like they need a home. The bad tempered ones seem unhappy to me, there was one in the shop biting its water bowl, looked like a total savage maybe they are the ones who need a home and shop life idon't agree with them.
I seriously lol'd "a total savage".. what kind of T was it? Lol

Latest posts