• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

haplopelma albostriatum breeding report

spiderengineer

3 Year Member
so I guess the stars were align for me, because I had a unexpected haplopelma albostriatum mature into a male. it was shocking because I still consider him a baby given his size. well I also happen to have a haplopelma albostriatum mature female who molted a month before this so I had a window of opportunity and I took

here is the breeding

Date: 02/21/13

I will update if she lays a sac or not in the coming weeks or month if any change to her.

Tgirl1010

3 Year Member
Wow, he's a little guy compared to her. Glad it made it out okay :eek: Good luck. Hopefully you will end up with some spiderlings. She's a beautiful girl.

spiderengineer

3 Year Member
Wow, he's a little guy compared to her. Glad it made it out okay :eek: Good luck. Hopefully you will end up with some spiderlings. She's a beautiful girl.

yeah when I first figure out he had hooked out I was convince he was a runt and would never have a chance with any female. not going to lie when he went down in that burrow to coerce her out I was praying to god he would come out. luckily she was really receptive to him and he came out ok

Andrevdw

3 Year Member
I must say I just got a liking in this T.... Its very attractive.. How big do they get and maybe any other details on them? I dont know if I can get that here in South Africa. I only read on the internet that they eat this species... Also did you get a sac?

spiderengineer

3 Year Member
I must say I just got a liking in this T.... Its very attractive.. How big do they get and maybe any other details on them? I dont know if I can get that here in South Africa. I only read on the internet that they eat this species... Also did you get a sac?
still hasn't drop a sac, but I defenitly know she is gravid just playing the waiting game. as for size they get around H. lividum I believe. they are just like any other haplopelma species, obligate burrows, defensive, and high humidity ect

Latest posts