• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

H lividum

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yes, just wait until he climbs the side. He will eventually. You're sure he doesn't have hooks? He must be coming up on his ultimate molt. If you decide to sell him let me know, I have a gorgeous female I'd pair him with.:D

Red devil

3 Year Member
Yes, just wait until he climbs the side. He will eventually. You're sure he doesn't have hooks? He must be coming up on his ultimate molt. If you decide to sell him let me know, I have a gorgeous female I'd pair him with.:D
Cool. I'll get pics as soon as I can. If it's a male I'm sure we can work something out. I'm in the market for a Mexican red knee juvinal or larger female.

Red devil

3 Year Member
So when it's out it's dark. Would be on glass. Thus the glare from a flash wouldn't work. Anyone have any ideas to get a close enough pic or two? So sex can be determined for sure? Obviously not the type to corporate.

Red devil

3 Year Member
So definitely a male. Located the hooks. Attaching a pic he's a good 5in maybe more.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So when it's out it's dark. Would be on glass. Thus the glare from a flash wouldn't work. Anyone have any ideas to get a close enough pic or two? So sex can be determined for sure? Obviously not the type to corporate.
You can flip the light on real quick. They usually freeze a few minutes before they run like hell. My few old worlds do, anyway. But yeah, that's my problem with old world spiders and most arboreals: They rarely show themselves. Most. There's always exceptions, like my P metallica. She never, ever hides. I need to get a few more of those..

Red devil

3 Year Member
Do you have any juvinal 3in or larger to sell? Or a Mexican red knee? My cobalt is definitely a male, saw the hooks. If you are still interested maybe we can work a trade/cash option. Thoughts?

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Do you have any juvinal 3in or larger to sell? Or a Mexican red knee? My cobalt is definitely a male, saw the hooks. If you are still interested maybe we can work a trade/cash option. Thoughts?
I only have one B hamorii (red knee) And Im not looking to sell her, unfortunately. When did your lividus molt last? And can you get me a picture of his pedipalps? Have you seen him make a web tent, or web tube?

Red devil

3 Year Member
The reason I ask is that he doesn't look fresh, he looks like he may have molted some time ago. After awhile they're no good for breeding.
He has created 2 web tents in the last 7-10 days. I'll get a pic of the hooks. I have had him for about a month and half. Was pretty active till about two weeks ago.

Red devil

3 Year Member
He seems to getting a little darker over the last day. Pre molt mayne?? I have no idea. Nest i could do for pics. Male/female? I have no idea anymore.

Attachments

• 20170506_203556.jpg
    20170506_203556.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 18

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
He seems to getting a little darker over the last day. Pre molt mayne?? I have no idea. Nest i could do for pics. Male/female? I have no idea anymore.
Hmm, don't see tibial hooks, and the palps dont look bulbous as far as I can tell. He may be about to get his last molt..not sure. Let's wait and see what happens.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Definitely..my female is barely five inches, fully mature. They don't get real big. Hell, maybe its a girl and I'm full of it. I don't think so though. I've never seen a female show male coloration like that. And I've seen a bunch, they sell them at petco and petsmart down here..lol.